I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
forgot to take before photos so hear is a photo of them about 2 weeks ago

and today after their haircut, its the first time i have propperly trimmed Deltas beard as it was just so long and her chin was startting to mat.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Echos leg looks finny in the photo might need to blend that one in more, will do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
ahhh brill snaps Kendal.... wish I was in the middle of them .. I would love a cuddle with those beauties :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
They look gorgeous Kendal. I am in awe! I decided yesterday to give Phoebe a wee trim, her clipped coat has grown in to the point where tangles are just starting, so, inspired by all you wonderful talented people, I got my hubby's hair clippers out.....she was very patient with me (liver cake helped!) Think I may have quite a bit of bending in to do though Kendal :D

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seeing your lot in the pics made me think of The Banana Splits from my youth !!!! xxxx

Stephen xxx

lol had to google them as i cojldnt remeber who they were, so who would you say was who from the bannana splits.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Kendal needs to go mobile with her dog grooming .. she could drive around with her girls and groom all our dogs ... guess it would be a long drive ... all around the country :) :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Grooming

Is it hard to trim cockapoos yourself? My pet shop quoted €60 and said it is needed every 6-8 weeks! Ouch!! Can you get electric shears or scissors?

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I use clippers to cut my dogs ... and if I can do it then anyone can :)

I am not a dog groomer just a dog owner and I love doing it at home ... I do like the cockapoo coat quite long but it is not practical for the muddy walks we go on, so I do clip my dogs when needed, to 1.5" all over and it looks lovely xxx

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Looks like a good job to me.

I've started trimming Millie's eyebrows and under her feet. Still can't quite work out how to grab the hair in her ears for fear of hurting her !. Does anyone use an ear talc on the their dogs? I saw a dog groomer doing this but not sure what it is.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
JoJo, what number guard do you use for 1.5" clip? Or is it different for dog clippers ( I used human ones :D)
On Phoebe - not Izzy!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Ali, I use human clippers too .. I will add some doggy ones to my next birthday wish list I think, but didn’t want to spend too much money to start with in case I wasn’t any good at it, or in case my dogs hated it ... so I use human Wahl clippers then purchased a 1.5 inch comb online for approx £4 .. perfect for my needs ... it does an excellent job ... and our local groomers only clipper 1 inch at the longest, so I am really pleased with my grooming efforts, it’s not professional but it’s neat, still a wavy in the 1.5 inch coat and more practical for our messy walks .. give it a go Ali ... I am doing a post for the blog, but remember I am no professional on this just sharing my experience with others. I hope this helps xx

1 - 20 of 34 Posts