I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George weighs 8kgs and seems to be growing well, (bit leggy). He used to love his Ni but has been going off it to the point where he now leaves it and will only eat a bit of it if hand fed. As mentioned on a previous thread I didn't really want to change it but he seems to be wasting more that he is eating. He has chicken wings and lamb ribs (buries these more often than not). He has been having 300g of NI a day but hardly touches it. If I was to try anything else what would be a good alternative to the NI, I really like the no smell and 70's poos that NI produces. :) Or should I take the stance that he won't starve himself and just keep putting it down for him to eat, thanks

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Jayne, the same thing happened to me. I just fed Daisy chicken wings, carcasses and other bones for a while and then I tried Rawtogo. They are another raw delivery company that provide a selection of minces and bones. There minces have the right combination of 80:10:10 but they do not contain the vegetables or added ingredients that NI do. Daisy's favourite is the Green tripe or chicken and tripe (hold your nose!) and at 60p per lb they are good value. Daisy is now off lamb bones and necks whcih she previously loved but adores her minces! I have come to the conclusion that they are fussy devils and need a variety! At least with raw feeding you can do this. :)

Good luck and please let us know what you try as I think we all have to deal with a bit of Cockapoo fussiness! :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Jayne maybe its worth trying Sarah s food... maybe you could mix it or alternate it, but green tripe stinks but I think thats the appeal... it smells like a farm yard x

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
What is it with these cockapoos and their fussiness? They are all the same! We all worry about their food and eating habits- Dexter is the fussiest dog around and sometimes I think he does it just to give me grief!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had originally divided George's Ni up and put it in bags of 100g and refroze it, however I then decided to just dish it out straight from the tub as he was eating a whole tub in 3-4 days. Tonight as I had been wasting so much because he wasn't eating it I started to portion up a new tub ready to put back in the freezer. Guess what? The little monkey barked like mad for it and devoured the lot!!!!!!! So it's back to individual portions out the freezer in little poly bags gggrrrrrrr!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Good old George, he obviously likes his food served in a particular way. Try and hang in there, give NI a call and ask them when you can start introducing other flavours of food. That should keep the taste buds interested.

Meg - 1970 poo's is our favourite topic of conversation. Giving dogs raw or Barf diet, their body uses up a all the nutrition. When they go to the toilet their poo's are about 1/3 of the size to kibble or wet food, firm and pale in colour. If you leave the poo for a day or so it goes white and crumbles away. Dogs that were fed on food pre 1970's often had this sort of diet. With the advance of convenient dog food the poo's changed to the sort you see out and about now.

:D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Maybe try and stick with the NI then if he has shown an interest again! I have changed Pixie over from NI to wainwrights puppy trays and i can honestly say that her poos are no different...no smell,hard just a different colour:) Between my mum and i we have sooo much NI in the freezer left so may have to sell it cheap if somebody was willing to pick it up! I did and still do love the thought of a Barf diet though,she just went off it:( Shame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts