I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Success!! Put him in his crate at 9 for ten mins and he howled, didn't let him out till he stopped. Put him in his crate at 10.30 after he really couldn't stay awake any longer. Not a peep from him, think he had a little whimper about 11.30. Got up at 5.30 because I felt he'd gone to bed early at 10.30 and he was still asleep. Woke up 10 mins later (crate was clean) took him outside and he had a wee and a poo! Had his breakfast and eaten it all (does poo alot though and a bit runny) can't wait to get him on NI, hope it helps with poo smell:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bet that you had a lovely welcome when you got downstairs this morning :) If you are like me and have not had a dog before (although I did have one as a child) then you start to get really excited when you have been out and and your on your way back home!!:D It really is worth going out for!!:cool: I just love it:D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Great first night! Sounds like he's well at home already! If his tum stays upset, don't be afraid to put him straight onto NI if you want. By the way, bio yoghurt is the best thing for tummy upsets.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great first night! Sounds like he's well at home already! If his tum stays upset, don't be afraid to put him straight onto NI if you want. By the way, bio yoghurt is the best thing for tummy upsets.
He's eating his Royal Canin, doesn't look every appetising and has had 5 poos since yesterday. They have all been loose, although he seems quite happy in himself. At yets tomorrow for 2nd jab so will get him weighed and then switch to NI I think

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
He's eating his Royal Canin, doesn't look every appetising and has had 5 poos since yesterday. They have all been loose, although he seems quite happy in himself. At yets tomorrow for 2nd jab so will get him weighed and then switch to NI I think
Yea that seems like a lot of poo ha ha,sounds like he's doing well .well done!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea that seems like a lot of poo ha ha,sounds like he's doing well .well done!!!
More coming out than going in it seems like lol, George too hates his crate door shut in the day, will have to work on that one. What are you feeding Buddy on:)

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Hi Jayne,

We used to wean all our pups onto Royal Canin - but found that the "bulking" cereal content could sometimes lead to tummy upsets - with loose poos.

If he was my puppy I'd give him some natural active bio-yoghurt and then I'd suggest straight to NI (cold turkey).

Stephen xx

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Helen and JD Stephen got there before me! Bio yoghurt is fantastic and straight on to NI. Glad last night was so successful. Fingers crossed for tonight too! :)

Karen and Rufus xx

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Jayne,

We used to wean all our pups onto Royal Canin - but found that the "bulking" cereal content could sometimes lead to tummy upsets - with loose poos.

If he was my puppy I'd give him some natural active bio-yoghurt and then I'd suggest straight to NI (cold turkey).

Stephen xx
thanks Stephen, have got the NI out of freezer for tomorrow. How much yoghurt do I give and when (may sound daft) I mean as in with his tea tonight
thanks so much for your help

1 - 20 of 24 Posts