I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Natural Instinct came today , looks good and like the tubs it comes in , will let you know what George thinks! Am going to give him a week to settle before I am going to give him a week before I change him over , do you think thats a good idea.:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Jayne

Gave Biscuit her first NI tonight and she loved it so much - licked the bowl clean and wagged her tail the whole time she was eating :D

Biscuit has been eating the kibble that came with her from the breeder fine until yesterday when she wasn't that fussed about it. The arrival of NI couldn't have been better timed for her. I would let George settle in for a few days then make the switch. He will adore it! Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
170 Posts
So glad biscuit likes it:)

Some good advice i received from here - take the tub out leave it about an hour then cut the 1kg meat into 3 or 4 chunks. Place the 1 you need in a tub and place the rest back in the freezer. This has really worked for me especially as puppies do not need large amounts and 1 kg does now does me about 6 days.

I haven't gone as far as the lady who then splits the food into the meals for that day and puts them in individual tubs, even she laughed at herself for that.

I did wonder why I worried about keeping Holly's food as tasty and fresh as possible when I saw her trying to eat poo/earwigs/bits of unrecognisable stuff etc.... but I still feel I have to do my bit. You never know she may refine her taste buds :rolleyes:

Good luck when you collect George:)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So glad biscuit likes it:)

Some good advice i received from here - take the tub out leave it about an hour then cut the 1kg meat into 3 or 4 chunks. Place the 1 you need in a tub and place the rest back in the freezer. This has really worked for me especially as puppies do not need large amounts and 1 kg does now does me about 6 days.

I haven't gone as far as the lady who then splits the food into the meals for that day and puts them in individual tubs, even she laughed at herself for that.

I did wonder why I worried about keeping Holly's food as tasty and fresh as possible when I saw her trying to eat poo/earwigs/bits of unrecognisable stuff etc.... but I still feel I have to do my bit. You never know she may refine her taste buds :rolleyes:

Good luck when you collect George:)
ooh was thinking a 1kg tub would last no more than 4 days, thought about 250g per day, I know it will depend upon his weight,is that sounding too much

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeh I'd let him settle but I'd maybe then just swap it, is that what you did Karen?
Hi Karen

The first bowl of NI had a very posh garnish - a few pieces of kibble sprinkled on the top :D

Second bowl which she had at 8pm was just NI - she has really not been fussed about kibble since yesterday so I don't think she cares it's disappeared! Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
206 Posts
ooh was thinking a 1kg tub would last no more than 4 days, thought about 250g per day, I know it will depend upon his weight,is that sounding too much
Hi Jayne

Biscuit is on 120g per day - portions look tiny in the bowl. She weighs 2.95kg and this is what NI recommended for her. Hope this helps :) Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Jayne

Biscuit is on 120g per day - portions look tiny in the bowl. She weighs 2.95kg and this is what NI recommended for her. Hope this helps :) Best wishes, Karen x
Oh thanks I probably over estimated how much he is going to weigh when we get him

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Jayne, I think its 4-6% of body weight per day for puppies, split into several little meals. I'd start off with 4 or 5% and see how he goes. It depends how much he weighs, and you will be adjusting it, I guess, as he gets bigger.

If you phone NI they are very helpful and will give you advice on this. Look forward to hearing how he gets on. :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah thanks Sue, knew about the 4-6% just thought he was going to weigh about 5kg lol , over estimated I think. Will get him on the scales when he's home

1 - 18 of 18 Posts