I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this seem ok? George was 2.88kg the day we got him and we have weighed him weekly from then. 1st was 3.2kg then 3.6kg and then today a whopping 4.4kg. I know he has certainly been hungry this week as I mentioned on a previous thread. He still looks skinny and you can still certainly feel his ribs. Could he get too fat too quick, he is constantly looking for more food, loves is NI and devours it in one go.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
If you can easily feel his ribs he is fine. They do grow a lot, sometimes in spurts and sometimes it slows down. xx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol you are the oposit to me i was worried Delta asnt getting big quickenough lol your woried hers getting big to quick lol

his weight sounds nice and stedy, he will get taller and longer before he starts to fill out side ways lol

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Jayne it sounds like he is thriving on his diet ... weight sounds good to me, he is 2 months 3 weeks old and a good weight for his mix :)

I would be really pleased with that .. xxx

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Think we are all the same .. worry they are getting too big or they are too small.

I always think Oakley looks too slim .. he is just very lean and fit

Shame I can't say that about myself .. Honey and I have the more rounded look :) :)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Think we are all the same .. worry they are getting too big or they are too small.

I always think Oakley looks too slim .. he is just very lean and fit

Shame I can't say that about myself .. Honey and I have the more rounded look :) :)
for me it was a little different. i had 3 cockapoos all very similar, all around the same hight all the same general type of cockapoo their was a 2 year gap since my last puppy, so i was rushing everything so she would be the same as them. expecting more form her because i kept forgetting how young she was.

but the main thing was that she was American, i had it in my head she was going to be so small, and it was worrying me, i so wanted her to catch up with the others.

she eventually did but is generaly more squared all round than the others so is a little bit shorter.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol you are the oposit to me i was worried Delta asnt getting big quickenough lol your woried hers getting big to quick lol

his weight sounds nice and stedy, he will get taller and longer before he starts to fill out side ways lol
Yes he is defo doing that, long legs and body had got longer, nearly doesn't fit on the hearth anymore:):)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm the other way - Daisy hasn't put anything on this last week, but looks bigger :confused:
Loved your pics from the meet up. She is divine! Especially the ones where you are giving out the chicken and she is looking as if to say 'what about me mum!'
Has her cough gone

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hi Jayne I think its fair to say all pups grow at different rates Alfie has this week had a growth spurt and at a guess he's now pushing 5.75kgs Milo is a little lighter and is now around 4.5kgs over the weekend I thought Alfie looked thin but today he looks spot on and both pups have also been getting treats whilst training and both have been enjoying some of the Kong recipes that we found on here. So I think George sounds just right. Michael
:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts