I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George weighted 2.88kg at first vet check when we picked him up, after 1st week he weighed 3.2kg and he now weights 3.6kg, so putting on weight nicely. Made the mistake of giving him a pedigree dentastick that came with him from breeder yesterday, gave him the runs, so have substituted one of his NI meals today for chicken and yoghurt and things are better. He barked like mad when I was getting the chicken ready and he certainly likes his food:)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i stear clear of all Bakers and Ped treats they are just full of sugar and rubish .

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
me too! if you want a good dental treat....we have a product called Greenies over here...check it out you might have them over there too

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah Kendal , wished I didn't give him it, but he's back to normal now. He has chicken wings and lamb ribs but I am supervising this by holding onto them at the moment as not sure he wouldn't just try to gulp them down in one. Do you think a bigger bone would be ok for him, I know you have fed your girls on bigger bones, he is not interested in his kong, any ideas for chewing greatly received:cool:

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Kendal gives huge bones....even when they are young. There is a great video of Delta chewing her heart out.

Kendal also previously reccomended antler chews for dogs....Lady LOVES hers....mine were a little different as they were sliced down the middle exposing the marrow...which is why Lady loves it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kendal gives huge bones....even when they are young. There is a great video of Delta chewing her heart out.

Kendal also previously reccomended antler chews for dogs....Lady LOVES hers....mine were a little different as they were sliced down the middle exposing the marrow...which is why Lady loves it.
oh yeah I remember that post about antler bones, will take a look

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
many of the puppy treats say in tiny lettering on the back that they are only fir puppies over 3months old. something that isn't made clear.

Betty had a very bad reaction to Pedigree Tubo's, she loved them but they really upset her tummy. came home once to her penned off area covered in pooey paw prints - lovely, the joys of dog ownership!!!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
oh yes jules you just reminded me....greenies are for 3 months and up.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
it amazed me how often the small print on puppy treats said for over 3 months but nothing marked on the front of the packet!!!
It's true...actually we never even saw it untill our trainer mentioned it to us...the print was so small and hidden below the ingredients.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Daisy was tucking into Poppy's from as soon a swe got her (9 weeks) so give them a go! If they get a stomach upset, just wait a few weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts