I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it's official. I have made a commitment to pick up Cockapoo #2 today. He is a chocolate pup with a toy poodle dad, and a cocker mom.

After #1 swallowing a fish hook, and dislocating her knee cap, she is the perfect dog after about nine months of ownership. She is very loving and the best dog I have ever owned (and I am a big dog kinda guy).

I decided to take the plunge and get her a companion to keep her company. I have always heard that it is better for dogs to at least be paired up with another..... I guess time will tell.

I hope this is a good decision, as I am extremely happy with our Izzy. I hope that we can make a good home for him and that he is healthy. Anyway, here is a photo of our new little guy we will have in a few hours.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Max sounds great but sometimes it's better to have them a week before making your final decision to get a 'feel' of them. We ended up changing our pup's name after a couple of weeks as it just didn't fit. He looks gorgeous!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Awwww he is so cute :D How exciting for you! I'm sure Izzy will love a playmate :)

May as well give a few name suggestions incase any match him when he's home...
Bailey, Archie, Riley, Charlie, Tyler, Zach, Jake, Benji

I think they all sound good with Izzy so just a few ideas :)

Enjoy your puppy! Hope he's a good boy for you ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, he is home. I noticed a wet/watery nose and a cough on the way home. The breeder coated him with perfume as he had a strong offensive odor to him from being caged in the basement with the rest of the litter.

I was up with him quite a bit just because he wanted to visit and play, and he seems very active with our Izzy. They are really enjoying each other. He has had several bowel movements and is urinating just fine..... I guess I will see what the vet says tomorrow about the cough. I did notify the breeder, and she blamed the long car ride back home (3.5 hours).

I will get some action pics of the two best friends later.

·
Registered
509 Posts
He is gorgeous.

Hope the cough settles as if its kennel cough like Mitzy had when I got her its not fun. she was miserable for a few days and the cough has lasted over two weeks although not as nasty or anywhere as frequent.

I love his colour and hope he settles in quickly.

·
Registered
509 Posts
He is just too sweet!

We have friends in Ohio and were over in the summer to visit. They are about 30 mins north of Marietta and live on land in the Wayne national forrest.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.