I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am getting a cockapoo in a month and am feeling a tad nervous. I only had one puppy before and he was really sick. It was a sad story. Now, I am getting another one but feel kind of anxious. I am hoping that I won't be too overwhelmed being that I have never been a true dog owner. I think I will need lots of advice.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
oh that is a shame about your other pup, can i ask what happend.

i wish you all the best with you new one, is it a girl or a boy, what coulor. have you got a name in mind.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the puppy was so sick that the breeder asked for him back so she could nurse him back to health because I had him for a week and spent 1400 on vet bills. It was heart breaking but I really appreciated the breeder being so wonderful and responsible.

The pup I am getting is a buff/cream little boy. I am thinking of calling him Dexter.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
That's a nice name. :) We'll help guide you through the puppy process. If you have any questions, just ask! We were all first-time puppy owners at one point. It can be challenging at times, but puppies (especially cockapoos) give you so much love back that it makes it all worthwhile. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love the name that you have picked for your lil' pup. People wanted me to name Murphy Dexter but he just wasn't a Dexter to me. We've been thinking about getting a brother for Murphy. Buff is the color I want. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have friends who have a huge mastiff named Murphy. I always liked the name. I love Dexter but not sure if he will look like it in the end. We will see!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts