I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay!, todays the day that we choose our puppy! Then we will finally know who we are bringing home! I think i will have no nails left by the time we finally collect in two weeks! Wish me luck peeps!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Where are you going to pick your puppy?

What colours are in the litter?

Have fun and most of all pick a perfect puppy for you xxx

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx ruth! Im excited and nervous all at the same time! We have all the stuff now, am taking a blanket with all our smells on etc... We have had the garden landscaped/secured at the cost of about 6k and i have watched countless episodes of its me or the dog! Lol, we could not be more ready if we tried! This will be the most pampered poo ever! Cant wait! :) Will update with piccies of the 'chosen one' later this evening!!! :p

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
You sound like me ... I get far too excited before I go to see puppies ..

When I experienced seeing puppies born I was on a puppy high for days after it ... it is amazing .... scary dont get me wrong, but wow it was just lovely.. I guess not everyones idea lovely, but to me it was the best.. can you imagine what I am goig to be like when I have my own puppies ... :S

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Where are you going to pick your puppy?

What colours are in the litter?

Have fun and most of all pick a perfect puppy for you xxx
Hey jo-jo :)

I am going to karen cunningham, she lives nr grantham in lincs ( next village to me ) i was given her details from a friend who also has one of her gorgeous cockapoos.
There are 6 altogether and somebody has a deposit on one already also so there will be 4 left currently there are 2 girls and 4 boys and they are all black, some with little white bits on chest and feet.... They are gorge!
Mum is black and tan english cocker and dad is cream miniature poodle ( on the smaller side of miniature) both parents have the most loving temperaments and the pups are raised in the home with kids and other dogs etc.... She will be advertising any day now so if anybody is interested please pm me and i will be happy to pass your details on :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You sound like me ... I get far too excited before I go to see puppies ..

When I experienced seeing puppies born I was on a puppy high for days after it ... it is amazing .... scary dont get me wrong, but wow it was just lovely.. I guess not everyones idea lovely, but to me it was the best.. can you imagine what I am goig to be like when I have my own puppies ... :S
Tell me about it! My grandad used to breed king charles spaniels and it was always so exciting! I remember watching a litter being born and helping my grandma wean the puppies etc.... It was fab!
You are going to make a fab cockapoo mummy when you have pups, i can see by all your posts jyst how dedicated you are to the whole process... I cant wait for your first litter update to be posted!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Oh Claire just enjoy the whole puppy selection experience ... characters may not be showing yet, it depends on the puppies age, just trust and talk to your breeder, she will tell you all about them ... remember each dog is different.. I do have a choosing your puppy post ... as I think sometimes people worry too much about picking the right puppy ... if the litter is a well bred, well raised and a planned litter all the puppies will be equally wonderful ..

http://www.mydogslife.co.uk/category/useful-information/puppy-tips/

I am so excited for you .. please just enjoy it .. and yes you must post pics :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Good luck Claire and choose well - they will all be fab I am sure!
I am not too far away from you so we may get a chance to dog walk when puppy is all vaccinated!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good luck Claire and choose well - they will all be fab I am sure!
I am not too far away from you so we may get a chance to dog walk when puppy is all vaccinated!
Sounds great nadine! We should definetly do that! It would be lovely to walk with a fellow cockapoo mad woman! :D consider it a date! I will let you know when we are all vaccinated! ;)

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Good luck - your excitement is contagious...I'm feeling excited for you!
Looking forward to hearing all about the "chosen one" :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks clare! I think that our puppy wont look that different to Obi ( assuming obi is black not chocolate from the piccies?)
Counting down the hours now! :D

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Thanks clare! I think that our puppy wont look that different to Obi ( assuming obi is black not chocolate from the piccies?)
Counting down the hours now! :D
Yes he's black and I think it's fab as it hides the dirt well ;) and looks all silky and shiny. Have you thought of any names yet?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i like 'noodle' 'raisin' 'cookie' (actually that sounds like a nice meal when you put them all together!' and my husband likes 'vader' as in darth because of the colour! I must admit i quite like 'vader' too! :D

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
That's funny because Obi would have been Vader if my son had been allowed to have his own way. Star Wars obsessed! I compromised on Obiwan Kenobi and was quick to shorten it. :)

I like Cookie. Is that for a boy or girl? It kind of sounds unisex to me. Are you after a boy?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We were thinking cookie if its a girl, but there is a boy we have our eye on, so we will have to see, i love the name obi wan kenobi! :D, im going to have a goid think on those names, and maybe do a bit of research and see what else i can come up with!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts