I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never seen one but it sprang to my mind to ask the question! Does anyone know the answer?

Jane.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
yes they do, but normally with the poodles as the mum, i don't really agree with the standard cockapoo, if someone want a poodle cross that size they should look at the labradoodals and golden doodles or other be=reed of an equal size.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Here is my elepoo !
He is a show cocker x mini poodle ( poodle dad approx 16 inches ), but look how big he is ! He weighs 20.75 kg and is a strong softy !

This is his half brother, same mum, approx 12" dad !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Could I be cheeky and ask what restraints your lovely dogs are wearing? I am looking into this for Bodger.

Thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think what people shoule bear in mind is that a standard poodle and miniture poodle have a difference in 1 inch of height. Maggie is a standard poodle mix and I would never have purchased her if I had thought it was cruel to either her mother or father. I didnt consider a labradoodle because I didnt want that mix. The spaniel in Maggie was her main attraction. She is roughly 18 inches to shoulder which is considerably smaller than any labradoodle I have seen. Emma x

·
Registered
606 Posts
Could I be cheeky and ask what restraints your lovely dogs are wearing? I am looking into this for Bodger.

Thanks
They both have harnesses which I got on Amazon, Scamp's is the non pull dog harness, and the restraints are from www.trainingtrousers.co.uk, they have a double ended clip , so they go onto the back of the harness and the other end clips on to the straps that were already in the car. I like them as it prevents the dogs jumping straight out of the car and they are long enough to let them lie down .:)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think what people shoule bear in mind is that a standard poodle and miniture poodle have a difference in 1 inch of height. Maggie is a standard poodle mix and I would never have purchased her if I had thought it was cruel to either her mother or father. I didnt consider a labradoodle because I didnt want that mix. The spaniel in Maggie was her main attraction. She is roughly 18 inches to shoulder which is considerably smaller than any labradoodle I have seen. Emma x
Hi Emma,

Do you have any pics?

j.

·
Registered
390 Posts
There is a recent one under the grooming section, thread called new groomer. Im not very good with this site and cant get a profile pic. lol! Francesj I wanted to double check before I commented but anything over 15inches is considered a standard poodle size by uk kennel club, so this could mean that you do indeed have a standard cockapoo hehe! Emma x

·
Registered
606 Posts
There is a recent one under the grooming section, thread called new groomer. Im not very good with this site and cant get a profile pic. lol! Francesj I wanted to double check before I commented but anything over 15inches is considered a standard poodle size by uk kennel club, so this could mean that you do indeed have a standard cockapoo hehe! Emma x
We did see the paperwork and the dog ! Definitely a miniature, but yes most people can't believe his parentage ! Poor Scamp - he has size issues :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Emma,

What great pics! She looks like a giant Version of Poppy, who is still a baby.

Gorgeous!

X

·
Registered
161 Posts
There's a standard Cockapoo breeder in Scotland. I know they had a litter last year. Must be some large cockapoos in Glasgow area maybe?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
you girl must have been from a smaller standertd poodle as all the standered poodles i know are about the same siz and in some cases taller then GSDs and they are all female poodles, the males that come to my work are all toy poodles, the females are all sandereds.
i just could imagen crossing with such a size difference.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Maggies mummy diva was defo smaller than a GSD, hehe. They had another standard poodle who was much more standard poodle sized but Diva was defo not what I would have expected from a standard poodle. Still in touch with one of Maggies brothers tho and I think he is growing into a big boy. Emma x

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have brought this up in another thread, quite a while ago. Me and Nacho met a man in Sainsbury's car park who approached me and asked if Nacho was a cockapoo which I replied he was. He told me he had a cockapoo just like Nacho but a lot bigger and thought Nacho was just weeks old!! Nacho was about 4 months at the time. This man's 'cockapoo' was just 7 months old.. I WAS SHOCKED when he got him out the car. He assured me that he had seen both the parents (miniature poodle and show cocker spaniel) and had bought his cockapoo somewhere in Wales... I still think he had his facts wrong but he was adament he was a cockapoo... here's the pics!! AKA GIANT VERSION OF NACHO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts