I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
or maybe a little chicken stock if you are wanting flavour, but I would stay away from gravy.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Helen, sometime the questions i think of do seem a little silly, but this forum is like my cockapoo bible, dont know what i would do without it x

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I noticed that gravy for dogs was being sold at Pets at Home. I was pretty tempted myself as Dexter never liked his dry kibble.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh im going there tomorrow for Flossy's 2nd jab and microchip, thanks ill have a look x

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Still not ideal, I looked at it and wasn't impressed by the contents. I followed Mandy (Embee)'s advice to buy Nature Diet, cut it into little cubes then freeze the cubes. Defrost with a little water as needed and add water to make a gravy like consistency. That got Izzy to eat her kibble and doesn't work out very expensive. They sell Nature Diet in our Pets at Home xx

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here i go again silly questions, but is it like normal wet food or is it something that you mix with dried food that makes a gravy

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think it was Natures Diet that I saw in my local co-op today! It was in little trays, a bit like how mince is packed?

Reactions: jaimia

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Paula I put Dexter recently on Naturediet- he is thriving on it. Quite a few puppies here are on it. The changover didn't upset him. It's normal wet food in a compacted little pack. He never liked munching on dry kibble and turned his nose up when I made it soggy wth water. Since he has been on it his poops are much dryer, less smelly and easy to pick up. He also drinks less water so pees less too. Sorry If I have been a bit basic but these little details are important to us puppy owners!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Nature Diet is a complete cooked wet food. It is around 60% meat and has no artificial additives, but does contain rice. It's a good alternative for someone who prefers not to feed raw, but it would probably be a good idea to give bones to clean the teeth, as a cooked wet food is not providing much texture.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tessy you have been a great help, i just wasnt sure if i had to change to just the nature diet or mix it with the dried food, when i change her do i do it bit at a time or just change it straight over x

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks all for your help, think ive finally got it, lol sure ill be back with more questions soon x

1 - 20 of 36 Posts