· Registered
637 Posts
Hi Nikki

I have bought the Roselind scissor starter set from Groomers online:

http://www.groomers-online.com/product.php/1514/roseline-scissor-starter-kit

And the clippers that Dinah recommends:

http://www.groomers-online.com/product.php/308/andis-agc-super-speed-clipper

And the combs too:

http://www.groomers-online.com/product.php/1781/wahl-metal-snap-on-combs--set-of-8

I've bough one extra comb attachment, a 1.25" which is what I used on Pepper yesterday!

I'm rally happy with all of it!

H
xx

· Registered
3,583 Posts
I'm going to buy the red Les Pooche brush, that seemed to work well for me. Not sure I'm brave enough to buy clippers, but Im sure once Milli'e fur begins to grow back I'll change my mind and suddenly start buying all sorts of things.

· Registered
174 Posts
I haven't done the course but I live in Newbury where Groomers on line is based I have just bought the Roseline 6.5" bulled nose curved scissors from them and used them today, not cheap £53 but would recommend them. I also have their 2 speed andis clipper with metal combs and a couple of spare blades and their portal table. I also buy their shampoo and conditioner in the large bottles and decant it into smaller bottles much cheaper that way.

· Registered
269 Posts
Hi Helen and Karen,
I've just followed the link you both put on (Thank you!) and the Andis Super speed clippers says 'out of stock'. Do you think the 2speed ones would be as good? They're almost the same price.

I'm very envious that you did the course again today Helen! I could definitely do with a bit more tuition!

Pip X

· Registered
637 Posts
Hi Pip

I'm not sure - I'd give them a ring tomorrow as I'm pretty sure they will be getting more stock in. They'd also be able to tell you if the 2 speed ones are a good alternative!

It was good doing it a second time, especially as Pepper's coat is so different to Ruby's. You can always bring Kipper round here to do her if you like - you can always use my clippers if there's a delay in getting your own!

See you soon
H
x

· Registered
269 Posts
Hi Pip

I'm not sure - I'd give them a ring tomorrow as I'm pretty sure they will be getting more stock in. They'd also be able to tell you if the 2 speed ones are a good alternative!

It was good doing it a second time, especially as Pepper's coat is so different to Ruby's. You can always bring Kipper round here to do her if you like - you can always use my clippers if there's a delay in getting your own!

See you soon
H
x
Oh thanks Helen, you are lovely!!
Would you notice if I just dropped her off and picked her up a few hours later, next time you're doing a bit of grooming!!
Good idea about ringing, I'll call them in the morning.
XX

· Registered
637 Posts
Hi Nikki

You can get blades that are different sizes - you might use these to do the areas that you want a bit closer such as under the arms, tummy and bum (!) etc..

The Andis clippers come with a 10 blade which is a very short/close cut - one of the questions I asked Dinah on Saturday was whether or not I need to buy another blade. She said that with the set of combs that I wouldn't really need another blade at the moment.

The combs attach onto the blade of the clippers and control the length of the cut. I used a 1.25" comb on Pepper's body on Saturday, and a 1" comb on her legs as they seemed too long with the 1.25". I have a feeling that Ollie was quite a bit shorter so you might have used 3/4". Can you remember what colour it was?

How is he? Was the visit to the vet OK?

Thanks
H
x

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cant remember the colour but thanks for explaining, will just experiment :)
So he was very miserable at the vets, they said it was just his anal glands were full and needed expressing, which they did and he screamed - but he came home and tail was still down and all he wanted was cuddles, he was climbing on us for these which is totally out of character. Next morning still the same, back down to the vets who then gave him a painkilling injection but he was pretty miserable all day. Today he has raised his tail from time to time, had a walk, just got very upset when a puppy came near his bum, is still quite cuddly, so is now definitely recovering but slowly, vets have put on his notes if they ever have to empty them again he will need an injection poor boy :(

· Registered
141 Posts
Hi I have put an order in Christies as they are in stock the Andis super 2 speed came up at £111.67 but this was without VAT. I think £134 with VAT I have copied below what I ordered.

ID Product Name Status Quantity Unit Price Saving Sub Total

1638 Andis AGC2 Super 2 Speed Clipper

Available

Remove £111.67 £111.67

3139 Andis Clipper Oil 118ml

Available

Remove £2.29 £2.29

3137 Wahl Metal Comb Guides

Available

Remove £10.82 £10.82

3247 Pet Head Poof!
450ml
Available

Remove £8.32 £8.32

2502 Tropiclean Awaphuhi White Shampoo
20 oz
Available

Remove £6.66 £6.66

2028 Vivog Pro Pin Brush
Small
Available

Remove £3.25 RRP £5.42
£2.17 (40%)

£3.25

2199 Groom Professional Allievo 7"" Scissor

Available

Remove £16.62 £16.62

2822 Groom Professional Fine/Coarse Chrome Comb

Available

Remove £4.96 £4.96

Image may not reflect the size and colour chosen Sub Total: £164.59

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.