I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just taken Dylan to a new groomer. My usual one was halfway through grooming him when she received a call to say that her father had died, so I collected him un-clipped. He had been bathed and brushed. So I just took him to someone else. The first groomer baths the dogs first, then dries, brushes and then clips. The second groomer clips first and baths later, then finishes the trim. Just wondered which is the more usual way round and if one is better than the other??

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The Merist Wood day course that I posted about teaches:

Brush out;
Clip;
Scissor;
Bath;
Dry;

This is according to my friend's account.

Karen x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
depends on the dog, if you going to be clipping most of the hair off anyway their isnt much point in batthing the hair thats going to het cut off. alot og the dogs at my work get a prep clip withc is a ruff clipp ofa all the stauff tahts going short. then the dog gets bathed dematted, dried and brushed out then the finishing clip is done.

where as the woman who showed me how to do my girls brushed the dogs out first then bathed and dried them before clipping them.

it depends on the groomer and where they learned.

but i tend to bath first then clip, as i dont want to get my clippers dirty if i can help it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Unless ridiculously matted.
Wash and rinse twice
Blast dry
Then finish with a dryer and pin brush or de matting tool.
This gives you a clean knot and mat free coat to work with and less painful as the clippers run freely.
Clip the coat, face and legs in the preferred style.
Scissor finish
Well that's how I do it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts