I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as previously mentioned, my lovely Birthday present this year from the whole family is to be a grooming table and some clippers. I'm thinking that I need a folding tale and an arm to take two 'nooses' as I have a feeling that Rufus is going to be one of those 'more active' dogs! I have absolutely no idea what brand or size to get. Rufus is on the large size for a Cockapoo standing at approx 20" at the shoulder. Does anyone have any experience of tables and be able to direct me towards or away from particular models?

Clippers is another area where I feel somewhat at sea. I may well wait until after the grooming day course before getting some, but once again, anyone's comments on clippers and guards would be most welcome. :) I keep Rufus' coat on the short side as I do agility with him and he gets so hot. Thankfully he has only just been clipped so is really feeling the benefit in this heat!

We have a super wet floor shower room for my disabled son .....think he might need to start sharing it with the dogs now! Budge up Tristan!

Karen xx

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I think Karen (wifiboy) has a table .. I know she has a doggy dryer :)... she may be able to help on this one.. I would love a table, drier.. the lot really xxxx

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Well, as previously mentioned, my lovely Birthday present this year from the whole family is to be a grooming table and some clippers.
You know you are cockapoo crazy when you are excited at getting a grooming table and clippers as a birthday present - I've got my eye on some good quality thinning scissors for my next pressie.

Can't help with advice on a table as I use the dining room table and she stands quite still so I don't need nooses, but I have the following clippers and combs - I also keep Flo quite short (around 1-1.5 inches for agility and flyball) and the middle comb is just right for an all over clip, the shorter ones are good for under chin, collar area, hygiene and you also have a slightly longer option if you want it. I did get a set of Andis plastic combs initially but they weren't short enough.

Clippers
http://www.groomers-online.com/product.php/271/andis-agc-single-speed-clippers

Comb attachments - these are great and also come in a coded storage box
http://www.groomers-online.com/product.php/1781/wahl-metal-snap-on-combs--set-of-8

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Oooo oooo ooooo thats what Ive just got table and drier... got clippers for previous birthday lol. Got them off ebay, tables great for what I want ..... drier is like a hurricane, Im sure groomers must use something with more strength but will feel a bit mean using it. I'll really try and get a photo posted... oh dear...
Just got Wahl clippers, with different attachments, but at some point will probably get some better ones. My original birthday present of "laptop"... err... went back to the shop and swapped for something much more exciting x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
got the same coble guards as Mandy

just bought my own proper clippers, they are the ones we use at work so I'm used to them and iv seen the coats they have to go through so know they good strong clippers. used them for the first time today and so pleased them, they have changeable blades but i only have a 10 and a 5 at the moment
http://www.technogroom.co.uk/catalog/laube-litening-clipper-variable-speed-p-5.html

this is the blaster (force drier) that i have stronger than a hair drier at its lowest setting
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dog-Pet-G...0?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item3ca67fb4c0

i got my grooming table a couple of years ago, as a Christmas present, or it was meant to be, they sent it to my house when it was meant to go to my papas so i wouldn't see it. lol i took the delivery of it, mum was gutted.
it is collapsible and has one arm but I'm going to buy another one so i can use a proper belly strap.

i also have a cheep pair of miki scissors for matts,, then i have a strate 6" pair curved 6" pair and one sided thinning scissors all rosline as thats what the groomer who used to do my girls used and thats what i learned with.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Your drier looks similar if not same Kendal.... are your dogs ok with the speed of air flow... it seems really powerful, but like i said when Wilf has been to the groomers he must have been used to some thing like??
On my wish list ... better clippers.... how long til Christmas lol x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Thanks for all the photos Karen & Kendal..

When I was looking at the table photos ... my hubby walked past and saw Wilf on the table ... he thought it was Oakley .. ahhh SNAP!!! Handsome boys, we are sooo lucky, but yours has a grooming table :(.. just spinning that line to hubby... I sound like a kid, I said "but all my cockapoo friends have grooming tables and really good clippers... can I?".. I just got a deep "Jo Jo.... " in reply.. .. he will cave in :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Course he will .... you can think of loads of reasons why you need them... I told my husband how much Kendals clippers were and he did nt look too fazed, so you never know x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
If he can buy me a cockapoo surely he can get me a grooming table...:)

Oh no don't tell about kendal’s clippers... are they really pricey...I need more dogs first

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
different blades cut a different lengths, i think it goes the higher the number the shorter the cut, this is a good Vidio talking you through some of the most common clipper blades.

http://youtu.be/tJiNIm5ZlOY

i use a ten on the tummy and under the arms, and inbetween the pads(will probably get a shorter one at some point) the blades you looking at £20-30 each

yeah i think our driers are the same. my lot dont like it rount their heads but dont mind it too much on the rest of them.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
but all my cockapoo friends have....
.....:laugh: that reminds me of my teenage daughter trying to get me to buy her a blackberry :laugh:

You definitely need to get more dogs, it would be a waste of the clippers otherwise! :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh thanks so much everyone for your links and photos! I'm going to find a nice quiet moment soon to do some research. What a helpful lot you all are! :):):)

Karen xx

·
Registered
45 Posts
I want to clip Max' hair myself...... 6 wks ago I took him to get a cut and it's long again. I can't afford to pay $60 every 1-1/2months. Ugh!!!!!! I hope I don't mess him up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts