I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a little bit worried about Coco's behaviour he barks at anything and everything at home, he is quite anxious, but earlier I stopped and spoke to a lady in her garden who had a dog and her dog barked so then Coco did, then he started growling at the dog for no reason. The lady told me to growl back at him like his mum would. Do you think this is a sign of an aggressive dog?

We don't meet many dogs on our walks, one lady I know has two cockers and his ok with them because they don't bark.

Not sure what to do.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
he was in his garden(his teritory) and a dog came up to it. if he is not used to this then he will growl.

my lot are bad for barking in the garden when dogs pass, but we have more dogs in the aria now than whe had a couple of years ago so it is still odd for them to have a dog pass their teritory.

would you be able to go for a walk with the woman and her dog.

maybe put him on a lead next time the other dog is about and give him a small sharp correction for growling. then a treat for being good and quiet.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Mine bark when dogs go past....learnt behaviour from other dogs in our neighbourhood and Im forever bringing them in. If you see dog walkers Id maybe ask if they know of anywhere where there is a higher popluation of dogs. Any chance you can make Nottingham on 18th... that would be great for Coco x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
do you normaly pass that garden ? even if the other dog is not out and about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts