I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dexter's latest naughty trick is to hang onto the bottom of my skirt ( calf length) with his teeth when I'm walking along or if I'm wearing trousers (cut-offs) he does the same thing.
If I say no very firmly and push him away he barks back at me and does it even more. He is definitely growing into a strong character with a lot of energy who is going to need firm disciplining! I can't wait to be able to take him on walks and tire him out!
Help! I am beginning to get holes in my clothes!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
put a lead on him and remove him from your leg. try taking him for laps of the garden or laps of the house, play fetch try a little training.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Another post relevant to my experience with Poppy!

She goes through mad half hours of biting EVERYTHING and hanging off any kind of clothing!

We have started putting two fingers under her collar and firmly saying 'no' when she does something wrong and it has really started to work. Sometimes I do have to do it 4/5/6 times but it does eventually make her stop what she was doing and lick/play nicely!

We have also found when she is in these moods its great to run around/chase her and let her burn some energy and then she forgets about the biting/hanging off things!

We are getting so so so impatient and so so ready to take her out on walks! It is my birthday today and Rich has booked us a weekend in Caister Beach/Great Yarmouth in a doggie friendly hotel in July. So will be a weekend of doggie walking on the beach and lovely surroundings :D

Annie and Poppy :)

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kendal- I will definitely do some firm lead-training with him this weekend.
Annie- Poppy sounds like Dexter's double. I have assigned 'exercise in the garden' sessions with my children when Dexter has his crazy half hour (which so many puppies seem to have) hopefully this will keep him off my skirts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts