I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So sorry to witter but as you may know George has gone completely of NI.I am very keen to continue with a barf diet but feel I need help and advise. George will eat chicken wings, lamb ribs, and in the last 2 days he has eaten fresh pilchards, lambs heart, full raw eggs (and shel)l and chicken fillet. I am pleased with this but have no idea if this is ok re: amounts and if there is anything missing from his diet. How do I know how much is enough? NI was so much easier but he flatly refuses it at the moment

· Registered
368 Posts
Why not try a different ready made barf diet? My two have Natures Menu frozen nuggets - different flavours for variety and you just count the nuggets. You could top up with chicken wings etc if you want to do a bit of DIY. Alfie's a dead fussy eater and Natures Menu's the only food that makes him dance about at meal time rather than slink over to his dish suspiciously!

· Registered
173 Posts
I had the same problem with Wynny she came home from the breeder on royal canin but after reading posts about how this could make them more lively I decided to switch to James Wellbeloved. She didn't like this at all and would sniff and walk away, normally only eating half her meal. Her poos were also loose so i was feeling awful that I changed her food which she was quite happy with. I then came across a puppy food in the local pet shop called nature diet it comes in a slab so I divided it into 12 pieces and i mash a piece to her JWB and she woofs it down. I did start to add a small drop of warm water but she prefers it without. It can also be frozen as it only lasts 2 days once opened and cutting it into 12 is enough for 4 days. Fingers crossed we have finally found something she loves (not sure how long this will last) and her poos are almost back to normal.

· Registered
720 Posts
Have you tried other flavors of NI, or have you stuck to the puppy. maybe he is bored with the flavor. I have been feeding Rosie the adult food for about 6 weeks and varying the flavors. I also feed duck necks, chicken wings, lamb necks, lamb ribs. She is 6 months.

· Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you tried other flavors of NI, or have you stuck to the puppy. maybe he is bored with the flavor. I have been feeding Rosie the adult food for about 6 weeks and varying the flavors. I also feed duck necks, chicken wings, lamb necks, lamb ribs. She is 6 months.
thanks will ring NI and see what they say

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Hi Jayne
Have you tried putting the amount of NI you normally feed George in the Wok! cook it let it cool and offer it to him:) worth a try Mick:) Our's love it:cool:
Just a thought Mick but surely you will be cooking the bones in it if you do this? I know they are small but I am not sure I would do this? :eek:

Jayne - I had exactly the same problem with Daisy. For a while she ate nothing but chicken wings, carcasses and lamb ribs. I really suggest trying some of the rawtogo minces especially the tripe ones. They really got Daist interested in complete minced food again. Green tripe is so good nutritionally for dogs and you really do get used to the smell! :D

· Registered
695 Posts
Just a thought Mick but surely you will be cooking the bones in it if you do this? I know they are small but I am not sure I would do this? :eek:

Any that are larger than my thumb nail I pick out but I find mostly that any bone bits are so small but yes good point I forgot to mention that I remove any bone bits I consider to big:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.