I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all- Abby arrived at our home Thursday. It's been so much fun so far. I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hello and :welcome: Please tell us all about Abby, we love pictures too :D

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, what kind of cockapoo is Abby, what colour is she. do you have any phoos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome all. I've posted a picture of Abby. (At least I hope I did) I'm new to describing her, so here goes.....I've been told she is an F1 Cockapoo. The father of Abby is a Miniature Poodle and is about a 14lbs. Her mother is a Cocker Spaniel and is about 22lbs. dog.

She seems to be adjusting well, however, she has a really bad doggie smell (like wetdog..all the time). Not sure why as I've read that this breed doesn't really smell so much. I'm not sure what to do about it...will it go away? I've tried a bath, but she still has that smell. Don't get me wrong, I realize she is a dog and will have a scent of her own. Any advice?

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
aww she is cute, was he mome american or English?

is their a spesific point the smell is coming from. ie, back end, feet, ears mouth etc. what did you bath her with and how did you dry her? where do you walk her, has she had the smell since she came home, what do you feed her?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure if her mother was American or English. I'll have to check. She has smelled that way since she arrive Thursday. It's all over her body...no specific area. I used Top Paw Oatmeal Baking Soda and conditioner AND also bought some dry shampoo too. Nothing works. The breeder gave me some food and didn't label it, so I don't know what that is. I have bought science diet and puppy chow. Not sure what food to give, so I've mixed a little to see what she pulls out.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
She is beautiful! Welcome to the group, and you are right this mix/breed doesn't really have a smell to them for the most part, but it can happen to some of them, get a food that is really really high in good protein is a start, and then maybe take her to a groomer and see if them giving her a thourough cleaning and flushing may help

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Hi and welcome! Hope Abby is settling in well. I gues the smell is just the remainder of the smell caused by being in the litter with all her mates, little paws treading wee and poo over each other. I'm not saying she came from a dirty place but that is just what happens no matter how well people clean up after puppies they still manage to cause a wiff.I call it puppy smell and secretly love it, like new babies:D a couple of baths will help get rid of it and it will naturally fade now as she doesn't have other puppies climbing all over her, I know my dog absolutely smelled so much when we got him home my husband wouldn't let him on the floor unless he had a bath ASAP. He doesn't have a smell now, unless he finds something yucky to roll in!!!:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all. Today was our first day back to work and Abby was alone in her crate. She did very well. I think her smell is fading....or, I'm getting used to it. I do appreciate all of your feedback and look forward to chatting with you all. I love seeing all the places you are from and the pictures of the dogs. Take care all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts