I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm Amanda and my little man is Kirby. This is the first time I've owned a cockapoo (had a cockerspaniel as a kid) and my husband and I are so in love with him. He is quite the character and loves to be swimming, whether it be in someone's water bowl at the dog park or in the lake at the cottage. Kirby is 4 months old, and we are considering getting another cockapoo. By the time the new one will be ready to come home Kirby will be 6 and 1/2 months. Can anyone tell me if they will be double the trouble? or will it be a little easier the second time around?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome. our Gypsy was 4 or 5 months old when we got Inca. and then the girls were both 2 years old when we got Echo.

Gypsy eand echo were a dream to toilet train, Gypsy with in the first week or 2 Echo maybe 4 weeks. but Inca was a nightmair. she was around 8 months before she was toilet trained(we thaught with Gypsy beeing so quick she would falow on easily, but no )

it does get easier as in general they do learn form the elder.

would love to see photos of kirby, is the pup going to be from the same breeder.

Cockapoos are realy adictive. we are planning our forth, and we have my brothers girlfriends mum and dads cockapoo puppy staying overnight.

you will always get teathing problems, some times it takes a couple of weeks to a couple of months for the older pup to get used to the new dog. but its different with everyone. will you be going for a girl or a boy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were thinking that we would prefer another male. It would be from the same breeder, same father but different mother. Kirby is crate trained, do yours share crates or do they each have their own (if they are crate trained that is)?

I just added pics of Kirby on the Cockapoo pictures forum.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i just comented he is so cute. yes our girls all share a crate, its one we baught off a friend with a doberman so its quite big.

and this was last christmas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts