I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year to all cockapoo lovers!

My husband and I adopted our cockapoo at one year old, so avoided many of the puppy experiences. She is now almost three.
In some ways, we wish we could have had that year with her also, as she is such a doll. (IE: her name, Pebbles, after my first doll from the Flintstones.)
We have thought about getting another cockapoo- but just truely love spoiling her alone. (We have two sons in their twenties and so this is our little girl- she has pink everything!)

Anyone else feel the same way- about having one pooch?

Also she is the best walking buddy and a trooper. We just got back from a stroll - with winds so strong - she looked like superdog with her ears flying back. lol.

hope to get to know you all better,
Brenda

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, i have for girls two sets of half sisters, Gypsy and Inca are the ants ton Echo and Delta.

lol im not a pink person so i think my lot only have one or 2 pink bandannas but i think they are to suport breast cancer.

with my two eldist Gypsy and Inca i have done 3 munroes but not dont any with the other two.

how did you come to get her as a year old. do you have any photos of her.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pebbles has been on quite the journey. We started looking for a cockapoo online and i found Pebbles from a lady who wanted to join her husband on the road- he was a truck driver- and she didnt think it was fair to Pebbles to be dragged all over. She wanted 200. and she had all her shots and was fairly trained. In fairness, Pebbles is getting better, but she tends to whine when you first get on the road so prolly more the reason for wanting to get rid of her.
We later learned from the lady we got her from, that Pebbles had been part of a puppy mill that had been raided in the south, and some murder had taken place. The gal said she met the breeder at a truck stop and got Pebbles at 6 weeks. She sent us a link to the story... we are so grateful we have Pebbles and she got out of that situation!
I posted a picture of her in the gallery today, still need to figure out how to put her in my profile. ill see what i can do.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
poor girl, glad she has found a good home. 6 weeks is far to young to be aboy form mum and litter. and getting puppys from a truck stop is never a good signe.

cant wait to see photos.

·
Registered
710 Posts
welcome, brenda! :) very sad to hear about another puppy mill but very happy it was busted... and that pebbles now has a much, much better life!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Brenda ... dont think you can helpbut feel that way we took ages to consider getting another dog and hoped that our original dog would feel ok about it.... after umming and arring just had to go for it . You just hear so many people with more than one dog saying they d never only have one agian .... cockapoos are so lovely its hard not to x

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the welcome!
Pebbles is a very loved and a bit spoiled pooch... I say this as i look over and she is curled up napping with my husband. lol.
We just talked a bit last night about another pooch...I think it will be a few years if we do. We are at the age where with one - we can just pick her up litterly - and go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts