I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day everyone, my name is Roz and I am the proud owner of BOBBY! My first cockapoo and dog! Bobby is 3 months old now, and I have had the pleasure of owning him for 1 month! As we speak, he is napping beneath me making the cutest sleep sounds : )
I am continually SO suprised at how smart he is, how well he responds to my tone of voice, and his wonderful nature. My friends are always commenting on how different he is to other puppies - he never strays far (even on my partners acreage property), he doesn't bark, he doesn't tear up the backyard, chase cars and is easily settled down when need be.
I was initially preparing myself for the worst (after seeing friends pets go through their puppy stages), but thank goodness that I spent that extra bit more time and effort researching dog breeds, possible bad habits, training methods and almost interrogating the breeder LOL. He still has a bit to go, but he is learning every single day.
My whole family is infatuated with the little guy (even my anti-dog dad), and I can't wait to spend forever with him : )

Attachments

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
:welcome: To you and Bobby, he is a cute boy! Where abouts in Australia are you? I have never been but want to uproot everyone and move there:) Including the dog of course!
We all have a dream hey!:)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, bobby is lovely, but remember the puppy stage isnt over yet, he will wont be teathing yet, so dont panic if his behavur changes a little. he skll just start to get a little more comfident and push the boundrys.

are there many cockapoos in your aria, how far did yoi have to travle to get him?

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Roz and Bobby ...

I like the comment about your anti dog dad ... cockapoo do tend to change people ... My hubby was anti getting a dog for 5 years ... 3 years of that I was searching for a cockapoo.. he caved in thank goodness... and now he is the one laying on the sofa with our two fabulous cockapoos jumping all over him .. how things change .... yes he has been cockapoo'ed

The best part of his day is walking our dogs when he gets in from work ... now that makes me happy xxxx

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Roz what a lovely post :D... Bobby looks lovely I love the nose shot... thats crying out to be your avitar. Cant think of anyone else posting form Australia so G'day he he x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Karen - NSW (Blue Mountains), Australia : ) I'm sure Bobby would LOVE another Cockapoo to play with : P

@Kendal - You're so right, Kendal! I guess it is a bit naive for me to praise him so much, I hope I didn't jinx myself *touch wood* hehehe. I'm just taking each day as it comes, and hopefully can nip any potential problems in the bud before they start to manifest!!
I haven't seen any Cockapoo's yet (I live in a small town : P), and had to travel 4 hours to get him! (however could have gone 2hrs to Sydney, but liked this family much better)

@JoJo - I love the term 'Cockapoo'd'!! It describes my dad perfectly. He took Bobby on a car ride today - sounds petty, I know - but my gosh, he must be smitten to have done that LOL

@Ali - Pretty sure American CS, but I am going to check his forms right now : )

@Karen - I think I will change my avatar now, thank you : )

@Tina, Karen, Sarah, Kendal, JoJo, Ali, Ali & Madeleine & Karen - Thank you!! I feel very welcomed into this Cockapoo community : )

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yep - you just stated my sentiments exactly. He even looks like a lot like my Teddy - who has an American cocker dad. I keep saying I am going to post pics - and I will shortly. Lovely to have you on board along with all of us besotted people.:)

·
Registered
582 Posts
G'day Roz and Bobby!! he is gorgeous:) Welcome to the forum,My sis lives in Sydney and has just decided to get a cockapoo when they return to England next year....Cockapoo love gets everywhere:D Would love to visit Oz,my husband has said that i could visit my sis next year for a week but i wouldnt now want to leave my puppy!!!! (my kids are a different matter,gorgeous but hard work,so a week break would be welcome;)) x Sounds like all is well in NSW with the new addition!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Tressa - The best people are dog... I mean Cockapoo! besotted people!! Glad to be here : )

@Becky - That's so cool! Your dog will have a new playmate, and you will have your sister back - win win :DD And I could definitely imagine how difficfult it would be to leave your pup - they're irresistable!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts