I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! :)
I'm Paul and my family and I bought home a lovely little Cockapoo on Christmas Eve called Flossie.
Looking for any advice on looking after her and giving her the best we can.
Going through the potty training at the moment and it's just like having a child again!
Hope you like the photo!
Cheers

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
aww welcome where did you get her from.

feel ree to ask anything you like some one will always have an answer.

love the photo. how did she handle all the stress and exitment of christmas day, not always the bast idea for the pups first day in the house to be so manic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We got her from a breeder in Bradford so Christmas eve was a long drive there and back!
She is only six weeks, we know that's early but it all tied in okay and she is house bound! I'll be booking her into the vets as soon as possible for a check over.
She was actually very good on Christmas Day, it wasn't too bad at all.
Loved your photos of the snow Kendal, we've had a few inches here and hopefully we'll have some next year so Flossie go out and play in it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
awwh, she is adorable! We just got our 7 1/2 week year old cockapoo, Brontie, on the 23 December and she is doing really well. We are going through the toilet training at the moment too, and the teething!! Hope you have fun with her, ours is a little bundle of joy!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
its not so much about keeping her locked in and isolated, to be honest anything she will encounter outside you bring in on your shoes and clothes or any other pets that get out brings them in to. my two youngest were in and about other dogs at the training school from 8 week old before their 2nd jag. the thing about getting them at 6 week is they miss out on important lessons they learn from their littermates and their mum. they learn how to interact and you just carry on the lesson. did you ask the breeder to get her so early or was she handing them out as christmas presents. puppys should realy be with the litter till atleast 8 weeks old.

but that cant be changed now, glad she had a good time and wasnt stressed with all the hussl and bussle of christmas.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Paul she looks lovely... dont live very far from bradford but ended up travelling 2.5 hours ourselves. Yeh just like having a new baby Mabel even cries when she s tired .. Good luck x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She's booked in at the vets tomorrow to make sure she is all okay. TBH, the way she's bounding around and trying to chew everything id say she's okay but it'll be nice to have an official view!

On another note, nothing quite prepares you for seeing a worming tablet done it's job if you know what I mean? Freaked me out a bit until we worked out what it was we were looking at! Eugh!

Still, working okay!!!!

Thanks for your kind comments, I'll keep the photos coming!!
Paul

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
did the breeder not worm her before she left? what about insurence did she come with the standered 4 weeks insurence that breeders are ment to provide with their pups.

im sure she is a happy health puppy, i just feel the miss out on so much when sent to new homes so early.

oh and we need more photos, we love puppy photos and cant get enough of them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Mike, she has a lovely disposition!
Toilet training is going okay, a few hiccups but she is only young!
Adorable they certainly are, and we are so glad we got her! I'll pop some more recent piccies on soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts