I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've had a look at this site and think it's great, so I decided to join. I don't have a cockapoo yet but I have been doing quite a lot of research and am 99.9% sure that they're the dog for me. I still have one or two questions, but have to go out now. When I return I will search the threads for any answers and if necessary post them on here later. Bye for now, and as my mum used to insist I say, ''Thank you for having me''.:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Ann

Welcome to the best forum in the world :welcome: We live in Cheshire so not far from you and have a cheeky, funny, gorgeous puppy called Biscuit who is 13 weeks old tomorrow.

Hope to chat soon - if you need any advice there are so many brilliant people on here to help. Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Welcome Ann ... You will be more than happy with a cockapoo :) They make great pets and I love everything about them, their size, coats, character... a really loving pet ..

If you have any questions please ask .. we are all here to help xxx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hi Ann and welcome!

I used to live in Lancashire (Whalley), it's really lovely up there!

You will get lots of friendly advice on here! :)

Sarah

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, hope you find your answers.

do you know what your looking for

American/English (working or show) cocker cross Mini/Toy poodle

boy or girl

do you have a colour in mind.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Ann..... you could come and get a feel for the breed in all its glory at Leeds next week if you can make it... cockapoo not required, but would give a great insight x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ann and welcome!

I used to live in Lancashire (Whalley), it's really lovely up there!

You will get lots of friendly advice on here! :)

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your warm welcome. Would you believe I was born in Whalley? Did you go to Spring Woods at bluebell time? Wonderful! Yes we do have lovely countryside up here . . . . but shhhhhhhh. . . .don't tell everyone. . . . .it's a secret best kept to ourselves! :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Ann..... you could come and get a feel for the breed in all its glory at Leeds next week if you can make it... cockapoo not required, but would give a great insight x
Thank you, I would love to Karen, but I'm going up to my son's in Edinburgh next weekend for a few days- have some events at the Festival booked. I would be interested in other 'cockapoo doos' :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey welcome, hope you find your answers.

do you know what your looking for

American/English (working or show) cocker cross Mini/Toy poodle

boy or girl

do you have a colour in mind.
Thank you for your welcome Kendal,

I'm thinking of a chocolate male. Parents miniature poodle and an English show cocker (here's where I have questions). Apparently, the working cocker is a bit more hyper????? However, since making this decision I have read that 'cocker rage' is rampant and it occurs mainly in single colour English cocker show dogs. Can anyone enlighten/advise me here please? Thank you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Ann

Welcome to the best forum in the world :welcome: We live in Cheshire so not far from you and have a cheeky, funny, gorgeous puppy called Biscuit who is 13 weeks old tomorrow.

Hope to chat soon - if you need any advice there are so many brilliant people on here to help. Best wishes, Karen x
Hello Karen,

Love your welcome, Karen! Biscuit looks gorgeous - and what a fantastic name. His colour looks to be the same as that of one of my favourite biscuits - a Hobnob - now there's a name should he have babies! Or perhaps Huntley, Palmer, Fox, Jacob, Tunnock. I think they're great names. . . . sorry.......it's rather late and I'm getting carried away with myself! I think I should take myself off to bed. Bye for now. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah, Jojo. I found your blog the other night and now I've found you here! Brilliant! Thank you for your welcome. Hope we'll chat soon.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi Ann :welcome:
there's been lots of info on here about which type of cocker - do a search on the breeding forum, should come up for you. It seems to be a personal choice - don't pay too much attention to stereotypes of working/show cockers. I believe rage syndrome is rare, others here are way more knowledgeable - I'm just a very happy mummy to a wonderful working cocker/miniature poodle 11 week old puppy (and her half-cockapoo big sister) :D
Happy searching - lots of puppies on here for you to get plenty of information and see how different types develop :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Thank you, I would love to Karen, but I'm going up to my son's in Edinburgh next weekend for a few days- have some events at the Festival booked. I would be interested in other 'cockapoo doos' :)
My friends son is in a show at the Fringe, called Blackwood. Worth a look if you can. 4 A Level students wrote, produced and perform their work - definitely worth a grade A.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Edinburgh

My friends son is in a show at the Fringe, called Blackwood. Worth a look if you can. 4 A Level students wrote, produced and perform their work - definitely worth a grade A.
Thanks for that MillieDog. Will see what I can do. My son is lucky enough to be a student up there and is working for the Festival this summer. He's been up there three years now and loves Edinburgh and the Festival - me too. I'm sure your friend's son and his mates will have a great time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts