I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
We have finally taken the decision to add a puppy to our family. My mother owns two Labradoodles, because of my daughter's allergies, but we think a smaller cockapoo may suit our home better.
Have joined the forum in order to find out more, read the experiences of other families in a similar situation and pick the brains of some of you experts.
Thank you in anticipation for your help and advice.
Jon, Heidi, Imogen and Scarlett.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hi Jon, welcome to the forum. Great choice, they are a wonderful breed. Of all the dogs we've ever owned, Dylan is by far the most fun and the best temperament. Hope your search goes well.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, would love to see photos of your mims labradoodals, what are theie names and what colour.

what kind of cockapoo are you thinking of American/English(show or working) cocker cross Toy/Mini poodle
boy or girl, do you have a colour prefrence.

how bad is your daughters alergys, some cockapoos can affect an alery sufferer, best goong for the curliest pup in the litter.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your welcoming words.
In reply to Kendal, we're thinking of a working cocker x mini poodle cross. No great preference in respect of *** or colour, as I guess we'll love him or her without reservation.
My daughter's allergies are not severe so I don't anticipate a problem, but were keen to get a F1 hybrid so that we know there's 50% poodle in the mix.
I'll dig out some photos of Doodle and Ted. Can't promise any of them next to baked bean cans, but we'll see!
Jon

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Welcome Jon, Heidi, Imogen and Scarlett! :)

You have definitely made a good choice. Cockapoos make fantastic family pets and I haven't met a grumpy one yet! They're a very happy crossbreed. :D

There are the obvious places online to look for pups - eg Breeders online, epupz etc. I got my 2 working mini F1 Cockapoos from Jukee Doodles in Lincolnshire and can highly recommend them. Do try and visit 2 - 3 breeders if you can and get a 'feel' for the sort of breeder you are most comfortable with. There are a few threads which give good advice on what to look for when you are searching for a pup.

Happy searching!

Karen xx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Welcome from us too. Izzy is a working cocker x miniature poodle, also from Jukee Doodles. I started my search on Breeders Online to find working cocker x breeders, then looked into the ones I liked the sound/look of. Good luck :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi and welcome

Good luck with your puupy search. We have a working cocker x min poodle, but he is a large Cockapoo and gets mistaken for a Labradoodle! But I don't think there are many that breed them that big now so you should be ok ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hi Jon and family, and welcome!! You have come to the right place for advice on cockapoos. Ask away, however silly you think the question is, as we are all daft cockapoo lovers on here!!!

Luna is a min poodle working cocker cross and we adore her. There are so many different cockapoo types that I think if you've made this decision then you're more than half way there to finding your perfect pup!! Now you just have to find a breeder you like and go from there. Good luck with your search and keep us all posted on how you're doing.

Harri x

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your search! Max is also a JD pup. xx

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hi Sarah, haven't spoken to you in a while! How's Max doing?
That's because we were away camping Wednesday to yesterday! He's doing great, will try and put some pictures on later...!

Reactions: ali-s.j.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Jon

Did you manage to get a chance to check out Martinshaw Kennels? Are you getting a pup anytime soon?

Kind regards
Julie

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Julie
I did speak to Dave on a couple of occasions and found him very helpful.
We have also met with Stephen and Julia at Jukee Doodles in Lincolnshire and have added our name to their waiting list.
I guess that we'll meet at some time walking around Leicestershire.
Best wishes
Jon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Jon

Glad you've found a good breeder to get your new addition from, Julia & Stephen are very nice, I went to meet them when we were looking to get Barney.

Well, good luck with your new pup, hope we bump into each other at a Cockapoo meet. I think there's going to be one organised in Loughborough some time soon.

Take care
Julie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts