I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi found site after researching cockapoo.
Great site found alot of information about the dogs.
I am new to the site but have been thinking about getting a cockapoo for the last few weeks seem to be lovely dogs.
I lost my dog - brodie a lurcher after 14 years just before christmas, it was very sudden. Beeen devasted and never thought i would get any other type of dog. Lurchers are wonderful dogs as well. Brodie was my best mate and never could be replaced, but I have fell in love with the cockapoo.
Didd'nt think I would want another dog so soon but really feel something is missing, have a caravan in northumberland and cannot face going up without my dog.
I found a breeder in merseyside and I have reserved a little girl I pick her up on the first of April. She is an F1 american cockapoo. Not seen many pics of american cockapoo but not bothered.
Little worried about having new puppy but also excited. Been doin plenty of reading and buying puppy things.
Only concerns is that i have 3 cats so hopin they eventually get on !!!
Bin thinkin of some names:
Keesher
Mookie
Kizzy
Badger - cos i have resident badgers at caravan
Farne - cos of caravan oppsite farne islands.
can anyone pick one for me . lol.::):)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome sorry to hear about hou lurcher.

my gran had a black cocker named kizzy whe was the sister of my mums cocker mitzi.
what does keesher mean?.

she and the cats will get on fine. the dogs learn how far they can go. our cats are about 12.

what colour is your girl.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I like Keesher and Badger :) Any pics? That could help the make the choice too. Sometimes they just fit a certain name based on looks or personality.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Didd'nt think I would want another dog so soon but really feel something is missing, have a caravan in northumberland and cannot face going up without my dog.
I know exactly what you mean. I have twice in the past few years been without a dog for a few months after losing a dog and never felt like a non dog-owner, just like a dog-owner without a dog. Cockapoos are wonderful dogs and will certainly fill that gap. Suggest you pick the name when you get her, then you can choose the one that suits her best.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your lurcher. Cockapoo is a fantastic loyal loving breed and I'm sure your new arrival will make you smile again. I agree with the others wait until you meet your pup and I'm sure you will know the right name. x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
she is only a weel old. photo I have seen of her she is apricot.
I think she is going to like your alfie who is fab. x

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Are you going to see her before you go to collect her? That would give you a better idea of what to call her when you do get her. Very exciting time ahead :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi
yes she is from anzil.
Was lucky found this breeder who seems very good.
they are only a few miles from where we live.
The litter was born on the 10th feb. so gettin pup about end of march - can't wait. lol.
She is a littel girl - her father is fudge and her mother is cass both parents on anzil webpage.
She is an f1 american cockapoo.
Alfie is fab he is very like fudge. x

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bet you cant wait! I've just found out that Alfie's sister Duffy's owners are on this site too! (happyad) You are lucky that you live so close to the breeder, we travelled from Newcastle but it was well worth the trip! This month will go sooo slow but not long now :) x

·
Registered
44 Posts
Liverpool lass

Hi,
I am newly registered on this site ( this is my first mail ) and own a 2 1/2 years old cockerpoo called Dexter- I will post some pixs when I get round to learning how to do it . If you want to mail me feel free --- how close are you ---? I lost my beloved Cavalier in 2008 and was bereft so know how you feel, but rest assured your new pup willl bring you years of joy too. My little fella is absolutely wonderful . Regards,
Lesley

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Welcome... what an exciting time now waiting for your new arrival. I think Keesher is lovely but then she'll probably suite whatever you eventually pick... all the best and look forward to your future posts x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts