I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Jenny and I have a 7 month old Cockapoo called Peggy. She is the light of my life at the moment however........ she is the naughtiest, most energetic dog I have ever owned. We have had Jack Russells and a Labrador but nothing like this. She is at the moment recovering from spaying and dew claw removal - how on earth do you keep a dog like this calm while the wounds are healing? We have now at long last been cleared by the vet and stitches come out from hind legs on Tuesday. Looking forward to joining in on this forum
(when I get the time) and looking forward to making some new friends with similar problems etc. First thing I have to learn is how to put a photo on here!

·
Registered
Coco cockapoo 18 weeks
13 Posts
Hi Jenny Peggy is gorgeous she looks so much like our pup Coco xx I'm a first time dog owner so can only speak with the experience that I've had so far I've been doin absolute dog training pretty much from day 1 it's a fun reward based training lots of games and treat based rewards we've thoroughly enjoyed training Coco who is very friendly n playful but we'll mannered n very chilled out at home xx think as a breed they need a lot of time effort n stimulation not always about just walkin them xx we love cardboard chaos n she loves workin n sniffing for her food like she's earned it it's all about repetition n plenty of patience 🤣🤣 hope this helps ull find loads on you tube or Facebook although I'm not on that xx

·
Registered
Coco cockapoo 18 weeks
13 Posts
Hi Jenny Peggy is gorgeous she looks so much like our pup Coco xx I'm a first time dog owner so can only speak with the experience that I've had so far I've been doin absolute dog training pretty much from day 1 it's a fun reward based training lots of games and treat based rewards we've thoroughly enjoyed training Coco who is very friendly n playful but we'll mannered n very chilled out at home xx think as a breed they need a lot of time effort n stimulation not always about just walkin them xx we love cardboard chaos n she loves workin n sniffing for her food like she's earned it it's all about repetition n plenty of patience 🤣🤣 hope this helps ull find loads on you tube or Facebook although I'm not on that xx
Awe and get well soon after your op Peggy wee soul will be feeling sorry for herself xx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awe and get well soon after your op Peggy wee soul will be feeling sorry for herself xx
Hi Cocos mum, yes my trainer follows the same system - loads and loads of treats but it seems to be working. Her recall is amazing (at the moment) We are also doing lots of sniffing games. Unfortunately I have a sprained ankle at the moment which is making walking out difficult but we get there. This dog is the most loveable dog we have ever had and also the naughtiest. She is fab with other dogs too - just rolls over and let’s them greet her so very very submissive (not like a Jack Russell) 🙄

·
Registered
Coco cockapoo 18 weeks
13 Posts
Hi Cocos mum, yes my trainer follows the same system - loads and loads of treats but it seems to be working. Her recall is amazing (at the moment) We are also doing lots of sniffing games. Unfortunately I have a sprained ankle at the moment which is making walking out difficult but we get there. This dog is the most loveable dog we have ever had and also the naughtiest. She is fab with other dogs too - just rolls over and let’s them greet her so very very submissive (not like a Jack Russell) 🙄
Lol keep up the good work then xx we're doin the same with trainer too xx

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Awwwww lovely girl - hope she recovers quickly - you could try brain games with her or things like scattering some of her kibble on the grass for her to search for if she does relatively calmly or things like kongs and licky mats to keep her busy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M
Awwwww lovely girl - hope she recovers quickly - you could try brain games with her or things like scattering some of her kibble on the grass for her to search for if she does relatively calmly or things like kongs and licky mats to keep her busy
Many thanks, will try your suggestions - she loves her Kong and today had a great raw bone from the butchers which kept her amused all afternoon. Not sure that I would ever call her ‘calm’ though 😃😃x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts