I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My name is Laurine and we have had our Cockapoo Rio for a week.

I just wanted to introduce myself and Rio! We live in Scotland and Rio is settling in well.

We are having a slight issue with Rio after he poops. The poo is getting stuck in his coat and we can’t seem to get it off. Any tips or suggestions are welcomed.

Rio is starting to bite quite hard too and I have tried the yelp method and distraction with lots of toys which works momentarily. He seems to have taken to biting ankles and trouser leg when you are walking and once he has a grip it’s difficult to get him to release. Any suggestions and tips are also welcomed.

Thanks
Laurine

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi. How old is Rio?

My Louie is now 20 weeks. I had that problem with poo to start. I used to actually have to wipe him and once or twice had to wash him.
As for the biting, like you I did lots of distraction with other things. I tried the yelping and turning my back. The list goes on. I gave him lots of hard things to bite on, he especially love his bone.
The biting is easing now the teething is getting on the way.
The biting clothes seems to be a common this. We still get this affair bit but every time he bites dressing gown or trousers I stand still and say ‘no’
It’s a slow process cos it’s a game but I think we’re getting there so have patience.
Louie also mouths my leg/ knee for attention.
So, just ride it through, he’ll get there

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey

Thanks for the advice.

He is only 9 weeks. We managed to get the poo off eventually by bathing him and just trying to break it down. We bought some puppy wipes too to clean him if need be for future. With the biting the distraction and yelp method seem to wearing off but will keep at it. Hopefully it eases off soon.

Thanks again for the advice.

Laurine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts