I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5-month-old
Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal

Cockapoo named Sophie. She has just been a dream! She has been in a bit of a fear period though with new people and new sounds. Any advice on this will be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Hello and welcome, with worries about things take it nice and slowly and let her set the pace and decide when she is ready to get closer to things. Give lots of fabulous treats too - and you give the treats, do not give them to people to give her

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

she is beautiful, what a lovely coat she has!

My sister has this issue with her dog, not a cockapoo and how she has managed it is when people are around, they don't make any eye contact with the dog, they totally ignore her but every now and then they drop a treat on the floor near the dog and move on, this has worked a dream as it shows the dog that there's nothing to fear, treats will be given without any fuss.
It may work for Sophie but worth going at her pace first, they are sensitive little creatures.

We are lucky that our 6 month old, Rodney loves everyone but he comes with his flaws too, they take a lot of time and patience that's for sure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts