I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Hello, new here!

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Wizbus 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I came across this forum a little while ago, but only just had time to join. I have a black english mini cockapoo called Bella who is 11 months old. She came from Leicestershire and loves ripping up tissues, doing a 'doodle dash' and having lots of cuddles.
I've noticed a few familiar faces from another forum and am hoping to find some other poos in the Northamptonshire area.

Elizabeth x

#4 ·
Hi Elizabeth,

I'm in Northants too. We got our puppy, Rosie (10 weeks old) from Leicestershire too! Was it Martinshaw Kennels?

I hope you enjoy the forum. I'm a bit addicted already!

Hopefully we'll bump into you sometime soon, once Rosie has her jabs. Do you have any tips for good places for dog walks.

Louise

#5 ·
Hi everyone!

Louise, great to see someone else in Northants with a Poo. Bella came from a small breeder called Hollymow. We have fields behind us so she mainly gets walked there. We have taken her to Salcey Forest and we also go to my husband's sailing club where we can walk round the lake, it's a bit boggy at the moment though! I bet you can't wait until you can take Rosie for walks.

Elizabeth x

#9 ·
Hi Elizabeth,

We're in North West Northamptonshire - I'm looking forward to taking Rosie to Daventry Country Park (which is where I first met a cockapoo, and that's what led directly to us getting Rosie!) and possibly over to Pitsford sometimes. I think there is an old disused railway line in Rugby too, that we might try.

Eventually I want to find somewhere that I can run with Rosie, where it's not tarmac and we can keep going for 5-10km (I have no doubt that she will be able to manage that when she's old enough! I just hope I can!)

Louise

#10 ·
Hi everyone, thank you for the welcomes (and I agree, Bella is cute, but then I'm biased!) :)

It's years since I've been to Daventry Country Park, but it's a great place for dogs. It's nearer for my mother & father-in-law than us and we did walk their dog there when she was alive. We're in the south west of the county.

Wow, 5-10K runs, you must be fit Louise!

#15 ·
Yeah, I am definitely going to have to wait a while for Rosie to be a little less unpredictable. I fall over enough as it is!

Let us know how you get on - I hope you enjoy running! Personally, I enjoy the after effect far more than the run itself.

Louise

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.