I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks.. brand new to all of this, so please be gentle....but would love some advice.....

I have two kids, (5 & 8) and we're looking to bring a Cockerpoo puppy into our loving home from September this year.

Looking online and reading all the advice, the whole process of finding a healthy & happy puppy, from a reputable breeder, feels like its really easy to get it wrong. Where do you start? Feels like word of mouth is the best way to start but that involves talking to people with Cockerpoos, so hoping this is a good place to start.

We live in Hampshire, near Basingstoke, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this is the wrong sub group - as I said....new to all this but I'll get there.....hopefully. :)

Thanks,

Simon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi folks - if anyone could even give me tips where to start, I'd really appreciate it. Just want to make sure I get this right for the family and I.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Best advice I can give is learn about the various health tests and the importance of how pups are reared which for me rules out any of the large commercial breeders. I am also rather cynical and know that lots of pups are not what they are presented as due to puppy farming still being rife! I think you need to take the emotion out of it and look with your head not your heart.

Sorry I can't recall who they are but I have seen 1 breeder mentioned on here who look like they do all the right things and do an excellent job with both health tests and rearing.

Also look for recommendations for the best puppy classes and trainers too to get you off to the best start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts