I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new here! I've joined your site today as we have just made our first enquiry on our way to getting our first dog ever, a cockapoo! We've wanted a dog for a few years, and have been researching cockapoo's for a while now,and I still feel we have more than tons to learn so thought this site would help me to do that! We've just contacted the owner today for the first time, and she sounds perfect for us. This will be the cocker spaniels second and last litter, from a family home. We hope to meet her soon. If all goes well our puppy will be born in June, and be ready to join us in August. So all very exciting and looking forward to learning as much as I can before then!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Turi,

I'll have a list of questions ready prepared for the owner when we meet. I want to see the mother in it's home before the pups are born. I will be asking about the PRA test then. Being a bit green about all this, one worry is how will I know they are truthful, is there paperwork proof that the sire is PRA tested, and other tests? I guess I'll get a feeling whether it is right or wrong when I visit. So far we've literally only just had a quick first conversation but I got a great feeling from the owner on our initial conversation, she asked alot of questions about our family and environement etc. More than anything we were talking about timings for now. As hard as it will be, I'm prepared to walk away if it does not feel and right and continue our search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.