I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just thought we would introduce ourselves. We were lucky enough to get one of the puppies at the JD selection day on Saturday. Our puppy is the little chocolate roan boy who we have decided to call 'Woody'.

We are so excited about bringing him home in a couple of weeks and are busy sorting things out and reading up!

Lou & Jon

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hello Lou and Jon!

Welcome to the forum! You must be so excited about bringing Woody home in a couple of weeks! All of JD puppies are gorgeous and I look forward to seeing more of Woody.:) You will find threads covering just about everything on here and lots of friendly advice!

Sarah & Daisy

:welcome:

Oooh! Photos have appeared! He's is lovely! :D

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Welcome Lou and Jon ... Woody looks gorgeous, look forward to seeing more of him. I'm sure you will find this forum useful for all sorts of friendly advice. :)

Sue

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. We haven't had a dog before so its all new - and a bit daunting but I'm sure we'll learn fast, especially if we can get a few tips from the forum.

We felt quite attached to Woody after spending just a couple of hours with him so I think its going to be a great experience for our family. (Just remind me of that when I'm tearing my hair out!)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
:welcome: little Woody, and to you Lou and Jon :D
You're in good company here , many of us have JD pups, and have learnt together and with the help of those with more experience. Enjoy the big countdown until you bring Woody home :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome! I'm rather new here myself, but its a wonderful group!

Woody is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see more pics!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Welcome Jon Lou & Woody:) another gorgeous JD puppy:):) You are going to love him to bits, hope your ready to be stopped everywhere you go with him:)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi Lou & Jon

We are Helen & Ian and are going to be the proud owners of Woody's sister, Pepper. It was lovely to meet you on Saturday and we're delighted that Woody is going to such a lovely family. I think your girls are going to adore him. We were very torn, he has such a pretty face, but Pepper had won our hearts!

Hopefully we can keep in touch and track their progress on here.

Take care
H & I

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congratulations to you both! Woody is a gorgeous pup, I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops. I'm fairly new on here too and am on the 2012 waiting list at JDs. How did you find the selection process?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Lou and Jon,
Welcome to the forum!
I too am a first time dog owner- we've only had our little girl 'Kipper' for 10 days.
5 days in, I had a complete hormonal 'OMG- what have we done??!' meltdown but had some great help and advice from people on here and got over it very quickly!
You'll find all the advice and support you need on here.
Woody looks adorable- you must be so excited.
I see you're in Hampshire- in case you haven't seen, there's a Cockapoo meet happening on 9th Oct at Virginia water. don't know if you're near enough to the Berks side of Hants but it would be great to meet you.

Pip X

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome, I'm quite new also, 13 days until we pick up our pup. I have moments of excitment and moments of are we doing the right thing, never had a dog before. I'm sure all first time dog owners have similar responses.

I've spent lots of time reading the different threads on this site and I am very impressed with the support given.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Jon, Lou and Woody, Helen, Ian and Woody, welcome to you all. Woody is absolutely gorgeous and I expect Pepper is too. I've had my chocolate boy, Reuben for just a week so I well remember those last couple of weeks waiting to collect my puppy - the last few days felt like an eternity! All best wishes to you and your new doggy family members,:welcome:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts