I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am 38 and live just outside Glasgow. I had a puppy called Ouzo but sadly he passed away in February, the house has not been the same since hence the reason for getting George.

I came across this website and thought it was very interesting.

George has been casting quite a lot of hair and I was under the impression that cockatoos did not shed hair, do you know if this will change as he gets older?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome, Julie!
How old is George? Sometimes their coats do change when they get older but, unfortunately, it is not true that all cockapoos never shed so it is possible that he might keep shedding even as he gets older. Would love to see pics!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Sorry to hear about Ouzo what breed was he? Im sure your keeping busy with George. Mable sheds although it appears as though its the white hairs that are shedding and infact the texture of the white and black even feels different . She's just starting to get her adult coat so not sure what to expect really wether it will continue to shed or get curlier and not moult x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Thanks for getting back so quickly. he is only 8 weeks old today. I will get some pics on soon

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
welcome! would love to see pics...lady at 12 weeks shed way more than she sheds now...maybe George will be the same

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, lol cockapoos are getting popular around glasgow lol

what generaton is gorge, the coat can change as he gets older, it will be interesting to see photos of him. what colour is he.

all 4 of my girls have different coats.

·
Registered
818 Posts
George has been casting quite a lot of hair and I was under the impression that cockatoos did not shed hair, do you know if this will change as he gets older?
How is his fur? Does he have more of a flat and tight coat, like a cocker? If he's already shedding at such a young age I would assume he's predominantly cocker, and therefor will shed though his life span.

Sadly the 'they never shed' raved about by breeders around the globe, as though it's the best thing ever, is hogwash. It infuriates me how many people fall for it, and how many breeders gladly spew it so confidently. :mad: Cockers DO shed, poodles do NOT shed. You mix them, and some pups DO, some do NOT, and some do a little. Please inform anyone that asked what breed he is that they are not wavy coated poodles, that they can, and do shed.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi Julie. Welcome to the forum. As you will have already seen there is plenty of good advice around on here. We have Teddy ('we' being because he is my granddaughters dog, but I do most of the looking after) - he is one year old now and non-shedding, I am glad to say. His coat is one of the curlier ones - so predominantly poodle in that respect. Hey, we will soon have enough cockapoos in Scotland to have our very own meet:D That would be great fun. (Hey Kendal? lol)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome Julie and George!!
Sorry to hear about Ouzo. Hope George is keeping you busy and helping you get over your loss. Where did you get George from? (love the name this was what wanted to call our dog Alfie but was over ruled by family) Looking forward to photos! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts