I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm new to the forum. I've been researching breeders and we are hoping to get a puppy this summer. I'd be really interested in hearing from anyone who has used Ian and Claire Smith in Kent-size of your dogs, temperament, coat type lots of detail really, pictures too if any one is happy to share! They are on our shortlist.so am testing my decision! Equally, I'm happy to hear about any reservations/ concerns if anybody had them. This will be our first dog, so I want to be as certain as I can. Exciting times!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Chris.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum :)

I don't have any personal experience with the breeder but another member on here (Turi) did visit them and was very impressed with their set up and their level of health testing. It does not state what tests they do on their Breeders online advert, have you spoken to them yet? If not then I would give them a call and go and visit them to meet them and their dogs in person. I am sure that will help. Make sure you ask lots of questions and ask to see confirmation of the health checks that have been carried out on the breeding dogs.

It is a really exciting time so good luck with your search and let us know how you get on :)

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
They have certainly come up in a thread before - I think JaneV1000's Honey came from them...
Good luck in your search - :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,
I know that Turi did a lot of research, so that's a good indicator right there, Thanks!
I've had a little look at Honey's photos- gorgeous! Later today I'm going to call Ian and Claire with a couple of questions. That should give me a good "feel" and hopefully some clarity on which resting they do.

Thanks for the tips!
:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just had a long chat with Ian - he was really lovely- very patient and informative. It's obvious how much he cares about his dogs and he made it clear that I can contact him with any questions , concerns or thoughts that I have. Most importantly, the Stud dog has had Optigen PRA testing and is clear. This was my main concern. He is also happy for me to speak to his vet ( not that I feel that's neccessary!), which underlines how open and honest he is. Very reassuring. Now need to wait to see if the litter contains the right pup for us. Only time will tell! If it's not destined to be one of Ians dogs, it'll be out there somewhere.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The litter is due mid-May, so early days yet, but still exciting. We're keeping in touch with a couple of other breeders in case our pup isn't in this litter. Like you say, it's another step along the journey. :)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hi there :)

As Sarah mentioned my partner Marcus and I went to see Ian & Claire when we were looking for a puppy of our own. On the 'our year long...' page on my blog there is a picture of me holding an apricot puppy. That was Ian & Claire's.

We were really impressed with them - the only reason we didn't go with them is because they did not have a puppy available within our time-frame.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Turi,

I really liked Ian and his approach when I spoke to him - he was very patient in the face of all my questions. Just waiting for puppies now! I'll let you know how we get on! (squeaks with excitement).

Chrisx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ian and Claire smith

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and keen to find out if Chris ended up with a cockerpoo pup from ian and Claire Smith in Kent. I'm currently looking for a cockerpoo puppy, apricot/golden colour and ian and Claire are top of my list. I'm hoping there will be a puppy for me end of Feb.
Any advice you can give me would be appreciated. Especially if you ended up with a puppy from them. I'm interested to know what your dog has turned out like, temperament, easy to train, good family dog etc.

Many thanks
Claire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I'm new to the forum. I've been researching breeders and we are hoping to get a puppy this summer. I'd be really interested in hearing from anyone who has used Ian and Claire Smith in Kent-size of your dogs, temperament, coat type lots of detail really, pictures too if any one is happy to share! They are on our shortlist.so am testing my decision! Equally, I'm happy to hear about any reservations/ concerns if anybody had them. This will be our first dog, so I want to be as certain as I can. Exciting times!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Chris.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I purchased my cockapoo puppy from Ian and Claire in 2016. He is my first dog and he is great. He has a wonderful temperament and is a joy to be with. On visiting Ian and Claire shortly after the puppies were born the overriding feeling I had was the kindness the puppies had been shown since birth. Woofy is a calm, confident dog, easy to teach and totally trusting. I would certainly recommend Ian and Claire when choosing a breeder. As for details, Woofy has a straight coat and curled fur on his feet. I hope the photo helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts