I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had rescue dogs in one form or another and currently owned by a just over 18 month old cockapoo girly who was too lively for her first home.

Would love to hear from anyone else who has a second hand cockapoo:)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
A friend of mine had a beautiful second hand boy ... I hope she wont mnd me posting, he had been owned by a young family and I think he was crated for long periods while the owners were at work/school and then once they came homehe was hyper, I dont think then they had the time to walk him properly and really dont think they understood what they were taking on. Anyway my friend worked hard on recall and stopping him charging around the lounge he really was a lovely boy but unforunately one day he chased a bird over a cliff and tragically died on impact. Not at all a happy ending, apart form he had a lovely life, although short ,with my cockapoo loving friend x

·
Registered
389 Posts
Aww, it's great to hear that you have a secondhand Cockapoo! We bought Chloe as a puppy but IF we ever get another dog, I would like it to be "secondhand". As cute as puppies are (especially Cockapoos!), there are so many already born dogs out there waiting for a home.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Eddie is secondhand lol!

We got him when he was 8 months from a family who were used to toy poodles and thought that his dad was a toy poodle, but he grew and grew and now he is one of the biggest Cockapoos on this forum :)

He is lovely, a little crazy at times but he has calmed down a lot since we got him and hopefully will improve more with the training classes - I hope!!!

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very sad to hear of your friends dog Wilfiboy :cry2: my girl is a bird chaser too and recall is a work in progress!!

Eddie sounds lovely too Sarahjo :D

Unfortunately there are always far too many dogs of all shapes, sizes and types looking for homes so nice to hear of a few cockapoos finding good new homes

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I am not sure if Daisy counts as second hand or maybe third hand? She was held on to by her breeder as her new owners had holiday committments. The first owners only had her for one night and then returned her, the second owners had her for under a week due to her seperation anxiety issues although they weren't described as this when I collected her. She was five months old when we collected her, a bit too long to have not had a proper home. Her history was a bit vague but it appears she has just spent most of her time with the breeder. Although I think we are owners number three I consider us to be her first proper home! :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Milly isn't second-hand but she was held onto by the same breeder as Sarah as the people who put down a deposit went on holiday and then changed their minds.

We got her at 14 weeks old. So she was 6 weeks longer with the breeder.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sounds like Daisy fell on her feet when you came along!

Milly sounds like she got a lucky break as probably better to stay with the breeder than be passed from home to home.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We got Bobby when he was 9 months old.He belonged to our daughters friend who had to go back to work full time.She know that she would not have the time to look after him.We feel so lucky to have him,there's never a dull moment.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts