I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just looking for a little bit of advice here! I currently have a lovely little scottie dog girl (nearly 2 years old now!) and I am considering buying a cockapoo as a companion for her and to help complete our little family! For those of you unfamiliar with scotties they are typical terriers and you get a whole lot of dog in a little body! For that reason if we were to get a second dog it would have to be one with an easy going temperament with regards to other dogs - I don't want to have a pack mentality going on everytime we go for a walk! I have looked up lots of dog breeds and the cockapoo seems to tick all the right boxes but I was wanting to hear your own experiences if possible!

Ruby (my dog) is actually a really sweet scottie, unless she feels threatened by other bigger dogs on her walk, and for that reason I think she would welcome a new dog into the family nicely. She is highly energetic on her walks and so we would want a dog who could keep up with her, although i'm sure the cockapoos have lots of energy too!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions and if you know of any breeders local to the Stirling area I would be interested in getting their information. I would also consider rehoming a slightly older puppy if there are any out there needing a home!

Thanks in advance,
Suzie

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. You are right cockapoos do have plenty of energy and they are brilliantly sociable with other dogs. Just a question, what do you mean when you say you don't want a pack mentality when you go for a walk? Any type of dog will, if they live with other dogs develop their own little pack, its just the way they work but this isn't a bad thing.
Good luck in your search, you could try breeders on line for a breeder local to your area.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi Suzie

Im from Bonnybridge but got both my pups down South from Preston and Newcastle and I think many from round about have too. Mandym is in Aberdeen and is a breeder so would be worthwhile talking to on the list.

Cockapoos are like every other dog and all have their own natures but on the whole are very sociable. Pack mentality is fine as long as you are in the position of leader LOL

There was an older pup needing rehomed around the Montrose area last week so it might be worth looking at Gumtree or Preloved to see if there are any older pups around.

Welcome to the group and hope you soon find your pup.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Suzie and of course Ruby :)

You will love it in here and get loads of helpful advice when searching for a cockapoo ..

Karen (above) is right Cockapoos mix very well with other dogs and make great family pets .. although all dogs are different .. so no guarentee with how Ruby and a new puppy of any breed will get on .. you will love a cockapoo though, thats for sure :)

Good luck on your search .. we will all help you as much as possible xxx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hi Suzy and Ruby.

As the others have said Cockapoos are very sociable dogs. It never ceases to amaze me how Daisy adapts the way she plays depending on the size and type of dog we come across. :)

Good luck in your search and do keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Hi & welcome!

Brilliant choice of breed ;) & yes very sociable dogs! Mine love dogs of all shapes & sizes!
So much so that my 5 month old puppy was sniffing around a HUGE golden retriever the other day lol :) It was about 10 times bigger than her!

Let us know how you get on with a breeder, mine are both from Liverpool.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hello all,

Just looking for a little bit of advice here! I currently have a lovely little scottie dog girl (nearly 2 years old now!) and I am considering buying a cockapoo as a companion for her and to help complete our little family! For those of you unfamiliar with scotties they are typical terriers and you get a whole lot of dog in a little body! For that reason if we were to get a second dog it would have to be one with an easy going temperament with regards to other dogs - I don't want to have a pack mentality going on everytime we go for a walk! I have looked up lots of dog breeds and the cockapoo seems to tick all the right boxes but I was wanting to hear your own experiences if possible!

Ruby (my dog) is actually a really sweet scottie, unless she feels threatened by other bigger dogs on her walk, and for that reason I think she would welcome a new dog into the family nicely. She is highly energetic on her walks and so we would want a dog who could keep up with her, although i'm sure the cockapoos have lots of energy too!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions and if you know of any breeders local to the Stirling area I would be interested in getting their information. I would also consider rehoming a slightly older puppy if there are any out there needing a home!

Thanks in advance,
Suzie
Hi Suzie,

Don't be put off travelling to find the right breeder, have a look at the website below - you'll find lots of info to help you in your quest. We are having a meet up in Callendar Park, Falkirk on Saturday 4th Feb at 2.30 - you would be very welcome to come along and see some cockapoos "in the fur" - see how Ruby likes them :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone!

thanks so much for all your comments! Clear to see everyone just loves their cockapoos!!! All your positive comments make it extremely tempting to get one, just have to convince the other half first... we will try and get along to callender park on the 4th to meet you all (hopefully ruby will be on her best behaviour!) :)

Thanks again,
Suzie x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.