I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my name is Caroline and my husband and I have recently got a Cockapoo puppy. He is 14.5 weeks old and called Murphy. He is a sweetheart but quite a pickle. Any advice or tips warmly welcomed. He has replaced our beloved Border Collie and is quite a different, less complex chap. So far he seems very trainable and is making good progress.

Our only stumbling block at the moment is our two kittens who Murphy adores but is a little too rough with. They are both so submissive they purr but even when he is too rough and they cry he does not stop as they do not ever go for him. Any hints or tips? He isn't being vicious, just over excited and too rough.

Looking forward to meeting you all and learning more.

Thanks
CazzaR:)

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So sorry for the lose of your border collie. I don't have any kitty cat experience but I would love to hear more about Murphy and to see lots of pictures of him and the kitties. :)

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
I might try to work out a safe place for them to escape to and to keep a close eye on the "play". My sisters dog accidentally killed a new kitten he was "loving" too much. It was heartbreaking, especially for him.:(

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I wonder if Marzi can come along to empathise with the differences between border collies and cockapoos? Inzi sounds like a very different (but delightful) character to our poos!

Do the kitties not run away from puppy? Very brave!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts