I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm another new member and would like to say hello. We have 2 chocolate F1 pups - Lola and Lulu, 12 week old sisters. They are adorable. We lost our beloved collie cross just before Christmas and as always said no more dogs! That hasn't lasted long and going back to my love of cocker spaniels we now have double trouble. They had their first trip to the park today and we had so much fun.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome Sally,Lola and Lulu
Goodness me you're brave, two 12 week old pups.Double the fun, are they double trouble?
Two sisters,how lovely. Are they alike in looks and character? Would love to see some pics of them

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doubee trouble at the moment but worth it. Lola is the colour of bournville and Lulu is more like galaxy with a white flash on her chest. They have cocker mum and poodle dad. Lola is a little smaller perhaps more poodle build while Lulu we think is more spaniel in build and nature. They know their names and will "sit","here" and "this way". Will post pics as soon as I can.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome,

just watch with having two siblings, problems can often arise between them. get them used to being apart or you will have big problems with insecurity and separation anxiety.

so you want to start training and walking them individually as much as possible. you can walk them together some time but you need to put in the individual ground work to make life easier when they are older.

i would never advise someone buying sibling as their either become too attached to each other or they fight non stop. but this can but prevented if you are strict with them and work with them individually the ground work form day one is so important. they need to learn they can live and work independent of each other.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies and for the advice re having siblings. As soon as my husband re-sizes some pics for me I'll get them posted. They have only been able to go out for the last week but they love being outdoors and certainly don't mind the rain.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Leanne,

Still finding my way around the site but I've managed to put some pics in the gallery. We have had them for 4 weeks now and got them from Warrington. They've settled in well, are so much fun and they just love all this rain! They are F1 cocker mum/ toy poodle dad.

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi Leanne,

Still finding my way around the site but I've managed to put some pics in the gallery. We have had them for 4 weeks now and got them from Warrington. They've settled in well, are so much fun and they just love all this rain! They are F1 cocker mum/ toy poodle dad.
What little cuties xxx

You'll get tonnes of help on here :)

How are the settling in...are they sleeping ok..
do they sleep together or seperately

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They have both settled in really well. They sleep together and now go from about 10.30pm to 6.30am when I get up. They play together as well but will also do their own thing. We also take them for individual walks, finding that easier for lead training but of course they love it in the park together. We let them off the lead from the first day once we were in a quiet part of the park and we have had no problem with them running off - so far!. They are doing well with "here" and "this way". They have taken over our lives, but absolutely adorable.

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Hi Leanne,

Adorable, they have gorgeous little faces!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.