I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We collect her in exactly 2 weeks today! I can't wait!

My son doesn't even know we are getting her...... He has been trying to persuade myself and his Dad for a long time to get a dog........ heehee if only he knew! He will be so surprised and emotional knowing him :D

I went out today and got her puppy collar and lead, her bed arrived the other day. I have bought treats and toys so just a few more essentials and we're done.

I AM SO EXCITED!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm not sure, we really can't decide how to do it. We want the biggest impact lol. I'm thinking we'll take him with us to pick her up. He'll be staying at his grandparents saturday night so that'll give us chance to set all her stuff up. We can then pick him up from there on sunday and go straight to get her.

I just SO cant wait! :D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
YEh that sounds like a great plan I assume your not going to tell him what your going to pick up ... you'll have to think of something really boring. I think that might bring a tear to your eye when you see his response ... priceless .. he'll never forget , fantastic x

·
Registered
89 Posts
That is going to be such a wonderful surprise Gracie. My son, James (he doesn't get on the forum much at the moment because of school stuff, so I am using it) was so excited when we got Brontie, and he hasn't really come down from cloud 9 yet. He knew we were getting her as we took him to choose which puppy he wanted, but the countdown was very exciting and he says he will never forget going to collect her. We wish you lots of happiness and fun with your new puppy. Kate (mum)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I'm not sure, we really can't decide how to do it. We want the biggest impact lol. I'm thinking we'll take him with us to pick her up. He'll be staying at his grandparents saturday night so that'll give us chance to set all her stuff up. We can then pick him up from there on sunday and go straight to get her.

I just SO cant wait! :D
Yes... take him with you. We took all 3 kids and it really is something they'll always remember and he'll also see the litter and mum and dad...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It does seem like the best way :D he is going to be so happy. Our daughter has already been to see her a few times but she is 19 months old so doesnt understand.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ohhh the excitement! I have 2 daughters and they were dying for a puppy. So my husband and I snuck around and got one. My parent took the girls for the day and my husband and I went and pick up Ruby! It was fall (so it was nice out) and we were sitting in the yard with her running around when my parents brought the girls home - they were in a state of SHOCK! "What is that doing here?" "Is that OUR dog?" They didn't know what to do, didn't want to assume it was theirs and be let down, but when we said it was their dog, the look on their face was priceless!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Ohhh the excitement! I have 2 daughters and they were dying for a puppy. So my husband and I snuck around and got one. My parent took the girls for the day and my husband and I went and pick up Ruby! It was fall (so it was nice out) and we were sitting in the yard with her running around when my parents brought the girls home - they were in a state of SHOCK! "What is that doing here?" "Is that OUR dog?" They didn't know what to do, didn't want to assume it was theirs and be let down, but when we said it was their dog, the look on their face was priceless!
Ahhh Andrea how lovely, your story brought a tear to my eye and gave me goose pimples ... lucky Ruby x

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
1 week to go! I can't wait ;)

Been to see our little GraciePoo today, she is SO mischevious!

:D

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
aww she is lovely. sher might go blue roan like Mable. how long now, less than a week ?

21 - 40 of 85 Posts