I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Well there hasn't been anymore wee in her crate........... but thats because she's not been going in there. I have read that I shouldn't shut the door until she's about 11/12 weeks old. We try to entice her in there, she doesn't have a problem with getting in the crate she just doesn't stay in there. The weeing and pooing is going well. She is doing most of them outside or if not she goes to the same spot in the house where we have pads and newspapers down to do her business. Its just the constant whining when we go to bed. I had to come downstairs at 4am this morning and stay down as Gracie was whining and barking loudly and it woke my daughter (19 months) up. My daughter then got very distressed by the noise and my other half had trouble settling her down.
Gracie has no problems until she is on her own. We allow her in the living room when we are in there and she just lays at our feet, especially mine when i have slippers on and sleeps. We make sure we have a good play to tire her out and let her outside before we go to bed.

I am going to start a new thread with this I think lol

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
if you leave her on her own during th`e day for short pireods the nights will become easier.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
We moved the crate into the living room last night and closed the door when we went to bed. She didn't whine or bark until she heard me getting up at 6.30am!!! I donated my slippers to her! She always follows me when i have them on and sits on my feet so I figured she is obviously attached to them. I think it worked! She did pee in her crate but i am hoping she'll grow out of that. She has a blanket, slippers, chews and toys in her crate. We also leave the radio on for her.

We will now keep her in the living room and fingers she will continue to be comfortable and quiet in there :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
They do seem to get preferences for certain rooms. Dylan was never happy in my daughter's room when we first got him - just wouldn't stay in there with her. And they love anything with your smell on them. Dylan still sleeps on my old dressing gown. Try wearing an old t-shirt for a few days and then donating it as bedding. Sounds like the house-training is going well - congrats.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts