I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post on here 😊

We have an 8 month old boy f1 cockapoo called Woody and we love him so much but we are slightly worried about his back legs. They seem to bow inwards and he always looks like he is crouching when walking. He sometimes struggles to jump on anything higher than a sofa.

We asked our dog groomer who said she had noticed this and she said his back legs almost look too long for him.

Are we just overthinking all this? I’d hate to think he was in any pain (although he doesn’t ever appear to be) or for it to be a bigger problem later in life. We are going to take him to the vets to get it checked out but would just appreciate any input in the meantime from you all.

Also, we are struggling with his toilet training. He can hold it for hours whilst in his crate but at night he wants to go out every 2-4 hours. He isn’t crated at night anymore he has a little bed in our room with us (maybe we should of stuck with the crate but we tried for weeks and he just wouldn’t settle and we barely got any sleep) Sometimes he will just go wherever he wants in the house still. What tips can people recommend to try to eliminate this?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thankyou 😊

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I definitely would take Woody to the vets about his legs to get it checked out. As for his toilet training at night he should be able to hold his bladder all night. Maybe he is just leaving his scent everywhere because he can. I know we had a crate in the beginning but Mia wouldn't settle in it either so she had a bed in the kitchen and she was happy to sleep in there if she did have any accidents it was easy to clean as it was a tiled floor. She is grown up now so don't have any problems. I know if she did have any accidents on the carpet I bought a solution from pets at home it was about £8 a bottle but worth it as it totally removed any stain and smell as they end up using the same places if they can smell it. Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts