I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Poor you! I've been lucky and never had a dog that is car sick. Is she happy in the car or reluctant to go in it? And do you often take her in the car to a walk place? Just wondered if it was a stress thing. If it was, then taking her to a nice walk in it would make her happier to go in it and would help to associate the car with good things. Dylan knows that every morning we go in the car to our walk, and so he is excited and happy to jump in it.
I think there are some homeopathic remedies available, but no idea if they are effective or not. Maybe someone else on the site has tried them??

· Registered
1,760 Posts
It may be worth just putting her in the car and taking her round the block then parking at the start of your walk, even if it's just a few yards from home. If you did that for a few days she may be more relaxed about getting into the car. You wouldn't have to keep it up for ever, just until she understood that getting in the car means going for a walk and started jumping in willingly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.