I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi Maureen,

The honest answer is that I thought it had - have been out a couple of times and she hasn't been sick, however, this morning we were only out for about 10 minutes and she was sick!

Will persevere with it as the theory behind it makes sense.

Jane

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Morning,

I am sure your cockapoo is the same as mine, they want to be involved with everything you do! Saturday morning, I just wanted to take some rubbish to the dump, five minutes there, five minutes back. Betty was sniffing around the black sacks and as usual where I was, she was. On the spur of the moment, I picked her up and popped her in the car on her bean bag. Sure enough on the way back, only a couple of minutes into the journey, she was very sick. I really don't know what to do, currently, Betty has to either stay at home or when I visit friends/family for the day she just has to be carsick. As you say, the very second they are out of the car they are as happy as larry! I am really at a loss, it is quite difficult as I am out and about a lot and always assumed my dog would be coming with me.

Jane

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
have you tried taking her for a quick run before getting in the car. or maybe puting her in the boot of the car. maybe if she cant see things wizzing by she might not be sick. have you given her a chew of a kong in the car to destract her.

this is a bit daft but have you tried driving just around the block, if you see any signe of her posible being sick, pull up somewhere and see what happens, drive off again.

i think its just going to have to be more car journys and longer ones till she gets over it. sorry

· Registered
6 Posts
Car sickness

Hi,

I think I have solved the car sickness problem. Put the dog in the front in the footwell on the passenger side. Alfie was sick every time he went in the car but since I have done this he has not been sick for about 10 journeys.

Hope it works for you.

Maureen

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.