I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm 12 weeks old today and have been out and about a few times with my hoomans as I've had my jabs now. My first few walks I was buzzing to explore but since then I'm finding anything past the end of the drive very scary. My hoomans have taken me to a park to meet other dogs but even then I can't wait to get back to the car. I'm happy to meet the other dogs and their hoomans but am generally very nervous.

What should they be doing to build my confidence? Continue to walk me in as many environments as possible? Stick to quieter locations? Too much too soon?

I'm the boss in my back garden and enjoy running around like a loon after my toys and digging up the grass. The big wide world is so scary though.

Any top tips?

Lennie

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Go to the park, find a bench and sit and watch the world go by with no pressure, stand and watch traffic and people from your drive and enjoy some tasty treats.

Some pups just take a little longer to build confidence so don't worry, just take it slowly and handsome Lennie will soon build confidence.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts