I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my goodness, after a very good few days things have taken a turn for the worse coco has started messing in the house alot and crys for attention constantly, we are taking her in the garden and giving lots of fuss when she does her business, and playing lot with toys, would some of you mind telling me a bit of what you do daily with your pups just feel like im getting it wrong thanks xx:confused:

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
check out this thread http://ilovemycockapoo.com/showthread.php?t=1245

its about keeping a logg of when your puppy toilets, but basicly, if your puppy eats take them out for the toilet,
if they have a drink take them out for the toilet,
if they have been running around and playing get them out for a pee,
if you puppy has just woken up take her out for the toilet

that way you should be able to keep tabs on when you puppy is toileting, also if your crate training, then if your not able to watch the pup the pup should be in the crate.

just remember with puppy training its 3 steps forward 2 steps back, but you will get their. all 4 of my girls were different, Gypsy cryed at the back door in the first couple of days, Inca was a nightmair Echo wasnt too bad but i had to be Quick if she was just out the bath or she would just pee, Delta was again a nightmair.

it feels like it never ends but they dog get the hang of it, and its better once your out walking them.

oh and we need more photos of Coco

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks am keeping note of times she goes out and after every meal i will have to start using crate more,how often do you think she should be going for a poo? will get some pics sorted very soon xx

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
There's a very good book called The Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey which is full of advice. She gives an example daily timetable which is great if you feel at a bit of a loss.

Watch Coco and as soon as she looks bored do 10 mins training with her ....'sit', 'down' etc. The mental stuff will tire her as much as the physical. You could set your own timetable making sure you do bits of training and bits of playing inbetween mealtimes and sleep times.

When you are able to go out on walks it is a totally different story. The early days are tough but she will get there and you will get through it too.

Now, how about some more photos of your gorgeous girl?

Karen xx

·
Registered
739 Posts
There's a very good book called The Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey which is full of advice. She gives an example daily timetable which is great if you feel at a bit of a loss.
This book is THE book, a must for bringing up a puppy- even better if you can get them to read it themselves!!:p

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you, it is hard and i am so tired feels like when my son was first born, i do feel like im moaning alot about poor coco she is truly lovely and everyone on here seems to be doing so well with ther little pups, dont know how jukee doodles does it with so many puppys, will get on the pics asap need my mums cam xx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
ihaving a puppy is a bit like having a newborn in the house, but it does get easier

·
Registered
739 Posts
It will get easier, its hard when they are so young but she will get there! I have 4 of the little darlings at the moment and it is constant poo (now i know why they call them cockapoo's)!! I've decided the easiest way to bring up a puppy is to start with 4 and reduce to 1 after 8 weeks, that way 1 little puppy will seem like a breeze (well maybe- i'll let you know!)!!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Training one pup is just as hard as training 2, 3 or a whole pack ..... I personally think one dog is the hardest work as they want so much more attention :)

keep up the good work Anne Marie, coco is still young and you are a great owner xxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts