I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm hoping someone could give me some advice and help with a similar issue please...
We have a fabulous cavapoo young lady coming up to 4 years old who is like a gift to us every single day...but in the last 6 months, she has randomly and repeatedly started to lick her top lip- this is quite hard to describe- I thought at first ( which I'm still not sure is correct) it's her hair on the inside edge of her mouth that is long and is irritating her so she keeps sort of licking and smacking her mouth repeatedly to fold/ push it out-similar to when you get a hair on your tongue and can't shift it. I've trimmed around her mouth but she keeps doing it with differing levels of dedication doing it??? She only started this about six months ago off and on but more consistently in the past few months??Anyone else ever had anything like this or know what it could be, or any suggestions???

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Is she ever sick at all or not wanting her food? Lip smacking can be a sign of feeling poorly. Or as Lena says could be an allergy. I think I would try to keep a diary of when it is happening relative to anything else going on to try and pin down whether related to time of day, food, or weather. Vet check is always worth while too and maybe try to film it to show the vet to help them pin down the cause.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts