I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I always thought that most breeders would not let people hold the pups at that age due to infection risk. Maybe others can comment on this?? I think that it is really hard to choose pups at that age but I suppose if there is a waiting list then it may be necessary. I'd much prefer to choose when they are more physically formed and have a personality to assess. Sorry can't comment on the runt aspect - I don't have any knowledge of that.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i got to hold a friends pups at that age but i dont think in general breeders alow it they are normaly 3 weeks before you can handle them.

if snuggleing into your chest is a sine of agression i think every cockapoo on this forum is agressive.

at this age i woul;d say its not possible to comment on their charecter.

can i ask where you red this about the runt, normaly what is said is you dont go for the overly confident pup or the pup that is hiding in the corner. but even then i cant commet as i have never physicaly picked from a litter. its alway been photo or the breeder picking Inca as a contrast to Gypsy.

i would say give it a couple of weeks before you make your final desision. even tell the breeder you have interest in two of them but want to wait to see their charecter before you make a desision which one to go for.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
My cocker spaniel was the runt of her litter- she was the only one left and had been bullied by her brothers and sisters. She was the most lovely pet with the sweetest personality and lived till she was 15. I'd say runts rule!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
My cocker spaniel was the runt of her litter- she was the only one left and had been bullied by her brothers and sisters. She was the most lovely pet with the sweetest personality and lived till she was 15. I'd say runts rule!
Ah good for you Tessy :hug:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
That sounds like my guinea pig Beavis! he was the runt and was being bullied at the pet shop by his siblings. I felt bad for him, so chose him and he was the loveliest guinea pig ever and lived a long happy life, even my Dad adored him. We were so sad when he passed away but so glad we had him in our lives.

xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts