I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the next step in the campaign is to bring the Mrs to understand our shared need for the cockapoo. She it was who suggested a dog, so that's good, she thought a cocker might be the thing, so that's good, all we need to do now is to reveal to her the manifold lovelinesses of the cockapoo and the job is done.

So I need:

1. a slideshow of photos of lovely cockapoos, and

2. a concise (but accurate) description of the many virtues and the minor drawbacks of the cockapoo.

Over to you, cockapooists!

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Haha.. I love this. I will prepare some relevant information for you!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I was bonkers enough to get two at once. I think it was tougher with the potty training. But easier on the biting (they learned on each other more than they did on me).the good - they are loving and playful and smart and energetic and bouncy and cuddly and sweet and kissable and loyal and.... The bad their teeth are pretty remarkable. They keep chewing up all their plush toys and anything else that resembles a plush toy. They want to be with me all the time (could be good too). My two are phenomenal diggers. Me and my landscapers are constantly filling up holes. Beemer barks, a lot. As for the most incredible thing is that have been amazingly patient with my nieces, one of whom was deathly afraid of any dog and will now take then on a walk all by her self (of course with supervision). She pets them and hugs them. And just loves them.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures. I think they look great but I particularly like how they wear outfits.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Maltepoo Dog breed
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

·
Registered
32 Posts
What a fun project! This is Daisy. I cannot take her anywhere or have anyone over without hearing how cute she is. Most of them even want to hold her. Speaking of which, she has the softest hair - which does not end up all over your hands or clothes. My parents have two cocker spaniels and there's fur everywhere. Personality wise, she's quite similar to my parents' dogs (when they were younger). She's playful and happy and loves everyone. The first time I held her, she nuzzled right into my neck and licked my cheek. She'll do the same to anyone who will let her. She also seems quite smart and picks up on things very quickly.

The biggest negative is that she chews on everything. She's not quite 4 months old yet so I'm hoping she'll outgrow that somewhat once her adult teeth are in. The only other thing is that sometimes she gets too excitable. Again, I expect this is a puppy behavior and when she's overly wound up, we just confine her to her room (a small bathroom where she has a bed, water & toys) till she settles down.

Overall, she's a great dog. In my house, getting a dog was my idea and I wanted a poodle mix because of my son's allergies. Ending up with Daisy was just a stroke of luck. I assumed I would care about whatever dog I got but I never imagined how much I would fall in love with this little critter.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
When we got Molly we were originally looking for a medium labradoodle but then we came across her picture and fell in love with her big chocolate head:D She loves everyone and everything. She is silly and loving and brings us lots of joy.

Everyone loves her and I always get comments on how beautiful her colors are. People still pick her up when they see her and she is 1 now.

The puppy days were hard lots of nipping and biting and pooping and peeing but in no time she was trained and a good girl. She hasn't wrecked anything in the house except for the lining under the couch :rolleyes: Cockapoo's are sort of like babies they follow you everywhere and are very needy:)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Oh the delightful Lexi and Beemer are a perfect example of why you should get a Cockapoo x (or two!!)
Ralph & Ruby too. The adventures of Ralph and sheep is one of my favorite of all things wonderful and tortuous about these guys. And adorable Daisy. She looks like she could be older sibling to Roxy & Dudley. And Molly - well she has a special place in all of our hearts.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Here are some pictures of Piper.
Dog breed Dog Canidae Carnivore Sporting Group
Vertebrate Dog breed Mammal Dog Canidae
Pink Soil Petal Plant Flower
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal
Car Canidae Dog Car seat Vehicle

Well can't upload more photos. Similar story. Hubby read "The Art of Raising in the Rain". He asked if a dog would fit in our family. Well the answer is YES! He wasn't completely sure this was the right decision but he is now.

There will be times you wonder if it was the right decision. But you will get past all the puppy stuff. Piper is starting to grow up. She is even schedule for her spay the 8th.

I could never give her up now. She fits so well in our family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Here you go.. My girls!

Lola is very unique.. Not many cockapoos have a smooth/open face like her. She's my elegant beauty. Nina's my little teddy with her cutie fuzzy face and gorgeous smile :)

Here's description from previous thread...

This is interesting! I've read a bit about both breeds as I've always been convinced Lola favours the poodle in temperament, shape and movement.

Hmm ok my two..

Lola

Many people would say Lola favours the cocker.. I beg to differ. She has the coat and smooth face and slightly longer back like the cocker but that's where it ends looks wise. Her build favours the poodle - long legs, slender, fine structure. Eyes - almond shaped. Face - fine, perfectly elegant, not broad at all. Feet - oval, not broad. Deep chest - well sprung ribs like Kiki . Long neck to carry her head proudly (however she has a cocker sniffer urge). Her ears are long like a spaniel and close to her head. She moves like a poodle. Personality wise there is a good mixture of the two. I would say the common characteristics of both she carries are trainable, faithful, active. She has the affection, playful and friendliness of the cocker with that look of love in her eyes that bores in to your soul, and the alert and intelligence of a poodle - she is fully aware of what is happening all the time, she's on high alert any time any one is near the house and let's us know if anything is untoward. Love her!

Nina

Nina's shape is almost identical to Lola's (long legs, back and slender) but she has much bigger paws - like spades, a shorter muzzle and big round eyes. She is only little though so will be interesting to see how she develops. She moves less elegantly but again that might just be the puppiness, although she does trot with her head up on her long neck at times.. So can have the poodly movement at times.

Her personality if just lovely and so relaxed and laid back. Maybe more of a cocker? Not on such high alert as Lola. Nina is playful, very friendly, intelligent, easily trained, laid back, quiet natured, adoring, affectionate and loving, VERY cute!

Phew.. Think that's it.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I tried to copy it here but couldn't she here is my top nine reasons to love my cockapoos. (this link is to my blog complete with pictures.It is an honest account of having my poos.)

http://tgssforeva.wordpress.com/2013/07/21/top-9-reasons-i-love-my-cockapoos/

here is the number one reason!!!

http://tgssforeva.wordpress.com/2013/07/21/im-old-gandalf/

I love them so much that this time last year I had one and I now have 3!!
they are smart, loving, loyal and just the right size. If there is any down side it is the grooming. If you learn to do it yourself you save money, but it is work. That said it is SO worth it!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
What a fun project! This is Daisy. I cannot take her anywhere or have anyone over without hearing how cute she is. Most of them even want to hold her. Speaking of which, she has the softest hair - which does not end up all over your hands or clothes. My parents have two cocker spaniels and there's fur everywhere. Personality wise, she's quite similar to my parents' dogs (when they were younger). She's playful and happy and loves everyone. The first time I held her, she nuzzled right into my neck and licked my cheek. She'll do the same to anyone who will let her. She also seems quite smart and picks up on things very quickly.

The biggest negative is that she chews on everything. She's not quite 4 months old yet so I'm hoping she'll outgrow that somewhat once her adult teeth are in. The only other thing is that sometimes she gets too excitable. Again, I expect this is a puppy behavior and when she's overly wound up, we just confine her to her room (a small bathroom where she has a bed, water & toys) till she settles down.

Overall, she's a great dog. In my house, getting a dog was my idea and I wanted a poodle mix because of my son's allergies. Ending up with Daisy was just a stroke of luck. I assumed I would care about whatever dog I got but I never imagined how much I would fall in love with this little critter.

That picture should be front and center on your slideshow of pictures. How freaking adorable !!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well can't upload more photos. Similar story. Hubby read "The Art of Raising in the Rain". He asked if a dog would fit in our family. Well the answer is YES! He wasn't completely sure this was the right decision but he is now.

There will be times you wonder if it was the right decision. But you will get past all the puppy stuff. Piper is starting to grow up. She is even schedule for her spay the 8th.

I could never give her up now. She fits so well in our family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The book is called "The Art of Racing in the Rain", I think. I read that book 2-3 years ago when it came out on a plane to Australia. I cried on the plane, it was such a touching story.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts