I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to extend our family and after lots and lots of research we decided that a Cockapoo puppy would be the best choice for us.
I have joined this forum to get even more advice and help from the best people in the know - Cockapoo lovers/owners.
I live near Falkirk, Central Scotland and desperately trying to find a Cockapoo puppy. I have been searching for ages and all the litters seem to be down south. We want to get our new addition as close to home as possible as we do not want to put the puppy through the trauma of a long journey to his/her new home. So I am looking for help/advise on anyone reputable who has or is expecting a litter shortly and living not to far away from us. Any information would be most appreciated.
Look forward to any suggestions/advice!!!!
Regards
Justine.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Welocme to the group! great choice on getting a cockapoo....not that I am bias ;)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi Justine, I'm in East Lothian, and had the same dilemma as you - I trawled the internet but just couldn't find anywhere near me. The breeder I was drawn to, as I particularly wanted a working cocker cross, was Jukee Doodles, from Lincolnshire. Julia was very reasuring about the journey, there are JD Cockerpoos North of the Border and she said it really isn't an issue. I shall have my 13 year old daughter cuddling our puppy all the way home at the end of July - shame she can't drive! Since joining the forum I have learned so much from the experience of others - your puppy will be with you for a long time, I would concentrate on choosing the right puppy from the right breeder and not worry about the journey - puppies sleep lots :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree with ali-s.j. your puppy will be with you for life so more important to get the right puppy rather than a close one. We had a relatively long journey and Holly slept for most of it - when she was awake she was sat on the back seat of the car and my sons stroked her. The journey was fine and she hasn't been scared as a result of the journey.

Cockapoo is a great choice we have had Holly at home for just over a week and she fitted right in and is just gorgeous :D

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
sometimes its worth the travle, most puppies are fine on the journy home for our lot it was 6 hours each.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Mandym on ths forum is a lovely lady who is a very dedicated hobby breeder and she is in Scotland, why not give her a call or send her a private message, she will talk cockapoos with pleasure and may be able to help you in your search or point you in the right direction :) it may save a very long drive.

I would travel to get the right puppy, but if your breeder is closer you can visit your new puppy more frequently and you may feel a little more involved. I picked a local breeder as I wanted to view the birth and have pick of the litter, it does give you a real bond :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts