I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short, I bought this puppy and will receive him next week (Around September 10th) but I haven't met him yet in person because I couldn't find any breeders near me.

I am worried he won't be fuzzy AT ALL :confused: but I've read on here a bunch of posts about their changing coats and I'm wondering about y'all's opinions.

I think I don't want to try to take back my money or switch puppies (I don't even think that's possible at this point), and I know that personality is more important and I probably am stressing over nothing, but I really loved the look of the traditional cockapoo that is all fuzzy and looks like a little teddy bear.

I'm attaching photos of him at 6 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Are you getting your puppy from Sandy and Jamie at cutecockapoos by any chance? The way the puppy photos are taken look a lot like the ones these breeders take (my family has gotten puppies from them). I would not worry too much about whether or not your puppy will end up being fluffy although he does seem to have a straighter coat. As far as coat changes go, both cockapoo puppies I have had experience with started out with straighter hair with waves (like the ones around your pup's legs) and then became more curly as they got older. I will attach some photos of my mom's cockapoo and maybe you will be able to see the coat change, maybe not. She just got a hair cut so she does not look as curly.

You are right, personality is way more important. Your puppy is adorable! I love the ears (I just love cockapoo ears in general). Oh, and my puppy currently is not very curly but she is EXTRA fuzzy---really, she is one huge puff ball of extra soft yummy smelling fur. Do not worry. :) You can see my baby girl (I believe she is 10wks in the photo) with my mom's dog and Sadie, my sister's golden retriever mix.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oh, you should see darling Lola! Your puppy reminds me of her. :) I am sure you will come across a picture of her on the forum soon. She is beautiful.

·
Banned
42 Posts
That puppy is ridiculously adorable!! I love the color also. Sorry, I can't help with your question on if the coat will become curly or not(but my guess would be that it will) I just had to comment on the cuteness! :)
I worried about that with my puppy too and although his coat has not really gotten more curly it has become longer & more fluffy & shaggier. His black color is also fading to brown-If I would have known that was going to happen to his coat I would not have got him just because I had my heart set on a black cockapoo. Honestly, now that I have him I really don't care what he ends up looking like! lol I just love him to death no matter what and am so glad he is mine.

·
Banned
42 Posts
I just re-read your post saying that pic is at 6 weeks. Do you have any more up to date pics or can you get some? Now knowing that that pic is just at 6 wks I would almost put money on the fact that the coat will get curlier! :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Oh, you should see darling Lola! Your puppy reminds me of her. :) I am sure you will come across a picture of her on the forum soon. She is beautiful.
Good point. Lola isn't in the normal poo mould. She looks all together more regal. I'm sure Ruth will post a picture.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Although your pup does look very smooth I can see the lighter coat near eyes and cheeks that with my pup had, which turned furry and gave him a monkey face!
at just over 7 weeks and about 9 weeks
107.jpg
144.jpg

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
If you do change your mind and want your money back I can think of a few dozen people who will take that little stunner off your hands. He is gorgeous!:) We wanted shaggy and got pure poodle. I promise you it won't make a bit of difference once you fall in love with him. I see small whorls though, so I'm guessing he'll be shaggy.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
If she is from cute cockapoos the breeder will be able to tell you out at least have a very good idea of what her coat will be.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here is cutecockapoos blog. She goes over a puppy's growth week by week (only until about week 7 though because that is when her puppies can leave for their homes in WI). I read this so many times when waiting for Sophie. It is not overly detailed, but maybe the pictures are helpful. If not helpful, they are just fun to look at. :)

And I agree with Donna, Sandy and Jamie are more than willing to answer questions.
http://cutecockapoosinwisconsin.blogspot.com

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same question a few months ago with my girl Isabella ImageUploadedByPG Free1411598069.261685.jpg
Here she is 5 weeks ImageUploadedByPG Free1411598139.638536.jpg next about 12 weeks ImageUploadedByPG Free1411598255.441040.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1411598309.619791.jpg this is at 6 months ImageUploadedByPG Free1411598383.069628.jpg and finally one from about 3 weeks ago, was trying to show someone how curly she had become!!
I totally thought she was going to look more cocker than poo, but then these shaggy curls just came from nowhere!! Hope that helps 😊

·
Registered
49 Posts
Isabella's coat reminds me of Lola :D

She's much lighter since we had a 2 week camping trip, where we were outside all the time and it was really sunny! But she's got this dark patch on her upper body, where she was in a padded harness the whole time! It's still visible now, even tho it's been a couple of months!! Thought it may have blended by now, but no joy 😣

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ps, all the photos on here are sooo gorgeous!! I love seeing how much all the PooBabies change as they grow older!! Too cute for words!! 😘

1 - 17 of 17 Posts